Chapter 12

3rd Person POV

Over the next few days, all eyes were on Nya, as the guys tried to spy on her to find out the location of the glass slippers. Unbeknownst to them, the Royal had caught on, however, her lips were sealed. After Pixal's magic had worn off she cast a more...permanent cloaking spell on the slippers, that would only fade away on her command.

She'd hidden them in her shoe closet in her dorm, along with the other pairs of shoes she had. 

Ali: And let me tell you...she has a lot! And that shoe closet is very well hidden!

Later that day, the guys had met up in Kai and Zane's dorm.

"This better be good," Cole grumbled, "Seliel thinks I'm visiting my dad."

Kai slipped his phone away, "No, but since we're not getting anywhere with our current idea, it's time to move onto plan B."

Jay scrunched his nose up, "We have a plan B?"

Kai shrugged, "Yeah. I just thought of it before I called this meeting. My parents are out for a while, so I was thinking...maybe we could sneak into the palace and find the shoes?"

Lloyd frowned, "Why would you want to sneak into your own home? Especially when your parents are out? Can't you just use the front door?"

The brunette nervously twiddled his thumbs, "I could, but I may or may not have...left the keys in my room at home...and the guards are off for vacation since no one's coming and going...and we have a high security system that only my parents know their way around...you get the point!"

Morro looked up, "Does Nya have her keys? Zane, can we ask Pixal to grant us a wish?"

The ice prince folded his arms, "Pixal's magic only lasts until 12. And I thought we agreed to not let the girls know about this,"

"Zane's right. Maybe...we can ask Blondie? She knows how to pick locks..." Cole piped up. Morro headed to the door, "I'll ask her to teach me. She can't know about this. Got it?"

"Yep!"

"You got it!"

Morro smiled and left to find the daughter of Goldilocks. He found her tapping through the MirrorBlog on her BorgPad, and coughed loudly. The girl looked up, "Morro! Uh...how can I do to help? Are you okay?"

"Uh yeah, everything's just right. Just out of curiosity..." Morro pulled up a chair, and sat next to her, "How would one...pick a lock? You know, for...survival!"

Blondie tilted her head and frowned at Morro, before breaking out into a grin, "Well, you certainly came to the right person! You just need some bobby pins!" She rummaged through her bag and brought out two hair pins. She handed one to Morro, "Now, you just gotta bend it around until....yeah! You're doing it!"

The Rebel smiled in satisfaction as he twisted the pin, until it reached a contorted shape. Blondie reached into her bag again and took out a large padlock, "Okay, now time to test it. You put the pin into the lock, and just twist it around until you hear a click and..."

Morro followed the girl's instructions. The was a small click, like Blondie had instructed, and he pulled the pin out, unlocking the padlock with ease. He grinned, "Thanks!"

"No problem! But that's one way to unlock a lock. Each lock is different, it might not be a key that you need, it could be a security code...or a face ID...or even fingerprints! Those are a lot harder though..."

Morro gulped. This was gonna take forever.

Ali: Well...this seems to be going wonderfully. I can already tell Morro's excited...let's check in with the others!

Lloyd leaned against the doorway of Skylor and Nya's dorm, where Skylor was stitching up an old skirt. "Like I said, Lloyd. I have no idea what you're talking about."

The guys were planning on searching Cinderella's castle for the slippers, but Lloyd was set with trying to find Nya's keys...and do some interrogating...

"But the four of you weren't around yesterday afternoon! Then you all just walked out of here later on!"

Skylor shrugged, "There's your answer. We were here." she finished up a row of stitching, before wincing. "Ow! That hurt- oh no..."

Lloyd watched as she fell back onto her bed, engulfed into deep snores. Making sure nobody was watching, he crept around the dorm, looking through dressers and wardrobes, trying to find the glass slippers. He had no idea what they looked like...great.

He lifted up Nya's pillows, and groaned in frustration.

"What are you doing?"

Lloyd jumped, and turned to see Nya standing in the doorway, staring at him with a raised eyebrow. He laughed nervously and scratched the back of his neck, "N-Nothing! Just...fluffing your pillows so...you get a better sleep?"

Rolling her eyes, Nya walked into the room. "Nice try, Lloyd. I know you're after the slippers."

The prince blinked, "Actually...I was trying to find your house keys...Kai lost his...what slippers are you on about?"

Nya smirked, "I'm not stupid. I overheard you guys talking about finding the book, and my mother's slippers. I can't let you. They hold too much power. Even if the user had to be a blood relative, it's best they're hidden." She picked up Skylor's alarm, and winded it up, before placing it by her face.

"GET! UP!"

"OKAY I'M UP!" The daughter of Aurora looked around and groaned, "Not again!"

Lloyd looked back at Nya, "Please! We need to find the Storybook of Legends-"

Skylor, who had now sat up properly, shook her head, "No! If you find the Storybook of Legends, Headmaster's gonna make us sign! I don't wanna sleep for a hundred years!"

Lloyd snorted, before bursting into peals of laughter. Nya frowned, "What's so funny?"

"Who told you we were gonna find the book?"

"...You just talked about how you needed to find it..."

"Yeah, we need to find it-"

Skylor massaged her forehead, "Okay, now you're confusing me."

"No! We need to find it, so we can destroy it! That way, no one will have to sign, and we can all get a chance to write our own destinies, not follow our parents! Nya, you wanna be with Jay, right?"

The girl slowly nodded.

"Then make it happen! Don't wait around on two step-sisters, and fall for a complete stranger! Skylor, you wanna live big, don't you?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Again, you can make it happen! So far, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Morro and I were in on this. Now, and the others are probably gonna kill me for setting them off on tasks that aren't worth it now, but you two can join us! And-And we can get Seliel and Pixal in too-"

"No need, we heard your TED Talk from down the corridor. You're just lucky the place was deserted," Seliel grins from the doorway with Pixal.

"Say no more, we're in!" Lloyd beamed at this.

"Nya, please! We need those shoes!"

Nya took a glance at Skylor, who nodded reassuringly, before looking back at Lloyd, "Fine, but none of you will get to know of its location, ever!"

"Got it!"

Pixal grinned, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's Fahrenheit 451 this sitch!"

Everyone looked confused. Pixal raised her arms sheepishly, "Like the book! Fahrenheit 451! By Ray Bradbury! Have none of you read that?!"

"Uh...."

"Nope..."

"Not really..."

"Sorry...what reading?"

OKIE! I HAD AN IDEA FOR AN ANGST JAYA MISCARRIAGE ONESHOT INSPIRED BY A ROLEPAY THAT Colekessler1 AND I WERE DOINGGG! IMMA WRITE IT TOMORROW!

Okie bai!

Love, Ali 👠