Chapter 13

3rd Person POV

"Hey, you brought them?" Cole asked Nya. She nodded, and clapped her hands three times. The spell faded off the slippers, revealing the real appearance of them.

Currently all 10 of them were in the Study Hall, ready to find the book. "Morro, where did you say the book went?" Jay inquired.

Morro ran a hand through his hair, "I threw it down the Well of Wonder, so it should be in Wonderland,"

"Okay, everyone link arms," Nya ordered, and they stood in a line, their arms linked. Nya squinted her eyes shut and clicked her heels three times, thinking about Wonderland, the crazy Wonderland that was home to the Queen of Hearts.

However nothing happened.

Nya frowned. "Hold on, let me try again."

Still nothing.

"Are you sure these are the right slippers?" Zane asked.

"Positive! We used them and it worked! Why won't they work?!"

Pixal snapped her fingers, "What if...the reason they don't work is because Wonderland is sealed off? All the other kingdoms aren't."

"Yeah, but the Well of Wonder is still open!" Kai protested.

"But maybe we can't go...because of the curse?" Cole spoke up.

From inside the mirror of the Study Hall, a dark figure watched the students try to teleport. She smirked.

"So, my dear son and his little friends! Perhaps there's a way to use this crisis to lead him down my path...you want to go to Wonderland, my dear? Here's a helpful nudge from your mother!" she laughed and snapped her fingers.

In the Study Hall, one of the many books from the shelf fell to the ground, and opened on a double page, distracting the group from their conversation. Kai pointed at the book, "Look!"

Morro went over and picked it up, his eyes scanning through the page. The others joined him. A picture on the page caught his eye, and he gasped.

"My mother!"

Lloyd pushed forward, "But this book is about Wonderland. Why would it have a picture of the Evil Queen?"

"Good question. Set it down." Zane took out his phone, "I'll try my new examination app. Scan photo."

A flash from the camera indicated it was scanning. Zane peered at the photo, "She's got a book in her hand. Move up into the right."

Seliel stabbed the screen with her finger, "Look, in the mirror!"

Zane nodded, "Zoom in on mirror."

The picture zoomed in.

"There's writing there!" Nya pointed out, "Can anyone read it?"

Zane tapped the screen, "Reverse image. Enhance!"

Morro gasped and snatched the phone out of Zane's hands, "The Wonderland Curse!" Lloyd grinned, "If we know the curse, you can reverse it, then we can use the slippers to go to Wonderland and retrieve the book! And the curse will be broken!"

Morro looked unsure, "I-I don't know guys. I don't wanna cause any harm-"

Cole looked at Pixal, "What about Pixal?"

The blonde girl took the phone, her fingers lightly bumping Zane's. She blushed lightly, as did Zane, and squinted at the screen.

"Curse this cast I Wonderland...on? Ow! It zapped me!" She threw the phone up in pain and surprise, and Skylor neatly caught it, "Morro, the Evil Queen's curse must have its own protective magic. Only one of the Queen's family must have the power to reverse it!"