Chapter XXII- man behind the piano

Erebus takes a deep breath before smiling at the shirtless demon before him, placing his palm on Angel's face, A single tear fell from his face before rising from the bed walking over to the fire place before shaping his fingers to set the dryer wood ablaze the pale light filling the room. Taking the time to clear his throat the suited demon turned to face his lover with a frown crossed his face "you know my past is something that pains my heart and something I never wanted to tell anyone as it is not one that many people care about. But since you asked so nicely and an overlord's blood was spilled for you, i will speak of my past" 

Many moons ago there was a small child boy born to a different race of darkness, and for most of his childhood, his mother was a sweet woman with ashen hair that seemed to kiss the fire that was deep within her heart, who's eyes could walk among the sea and get lost within the tide. His father was a man with a heart colder than ice, and harder then steel who only seemed to care for himself and the local gang of drug rats he controlled, his mother fought hard to keep the child away from the drugs and nightly women of skin delight that his father brought home. One day when the child asked why she kept by the distasteful man's side and the woman just smiled "its because people make mistakes all the time, she did love him and deep down she knew he loved her too as well as him" that was the end of it. Years later the boy's mother showed him the piano and how to plan it took some work but he did learn and the boy loved everyone moment of the time he spent with his mother, she was his whole world as his father was out most of the day's but most people around the city knew of the boys family and father and met them with spit and hate. The boy did not know why he was beaten by children much other then he and the adults did nothing to stop it, his mother tried to stop the bullies and nothing happened. 

by the time the child was 14, his mother and he was walking back from the market with enough food for the upcoming festival when a man shrouded in the night stopped him asking for his mother's purse and the boys golden lighter he got the year before, his mother handed them over but her child's lighter, as it was not clear that he had one but in his simple-mindedness to protect his mother the boy charged the man pulling a simple knife out but the robber had fired the gun that he had hidden, the shot made the boy freeze where he stood as he turned around the pounding of the rain drowned everything out as his mother had fallen down her blood feeding the thirsty streets, they screamed for more as the young boy ran to hold his dying mother, his voice lost to the aether. In her last breath, she wanted to let him know she was proud of the boy he was and that she was sorry that she would never get to see the man that he would become, the boy had to watch the light fade from his mother's eyes and something broke within him.

days later the boys father ad found the killer and had him killed but he had the child kill the man, later the boy found out the reason was to show the child that the world was not as easy nor as clear as his wife wanted the child to know. His father never remarried was clearly was broken in his own way by his wife's death, over the years the boy was forced to endure unspeakable acts by his others and those closest to the man who swore to protect the boy, by the time he reached 18 he had grown the most kinds of twisted and broken that on his 18th birthday he got a custom switchblade and that following night when the father tried to do the same unspeakable acts the boy killed his father. Stabbing him over and over till the bed was soaked with the blood of sin, the following morning the new man killed everyone who was loyal to his father leaving a trail of body as he forged a new empire. 

Over the next ten or so years the boy helped steal from big-name ships and sold the life-saving medicine to people who needed it within his city and limited his fathers drug trade to people over the age of 25 and could afford it and when the nights got lonely and cold he started to seek a mate to share his life and bed with, he found a man named James a handsome man 20 years of age and almost a year later they were wed. Later that night James had turned the man's most loyal on him for three days they took turns beating him down, putting him on the edge of death only to deny him the release of death till the bells tolled on the third day when James slit the mans throat allowing him to bleed out, but not before breaking his heart with the following words "i never loved you hunter, you was just a tool to get what i wanted and now that i have it, you are of no use to me" 

The suited demon looked down at the fire as well as the embers that was within them as he heard the shifting of sheets quickly turning around he found angel standing and pushing his body to walk over only to start to fall, Erebus catching him before he hit the ground, the demon with red skin could feel the tears hitting his skin as angel's chest was heaving with his breath shaking "Erebus I'm sorry, i did not know, but if you helped so many people why are you in hell" the suited demon lifted his loves head as their eyes locked "because my dear, the gods do not care for the good deeds but only the blood you spilt and i spilled so much and enjoyed every moment of it, but i do not regret it as now i am here with you" the demon smiled before lifting angel taking his time to set the demon back on the bed, tucking him in planting a kiss on his forehead "now rest my dear and heal i will be here when you awake"