Ninth

WARNING: heavy mentions of suicide, suicidal thoughts, and abuse in this particular chapter that could be triggering for some.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

It's been about a week or so... maybe... I'm not quite sure anymore. The blobs came and took Kole away the day after they took Dawaen. His exit was less dignified as he screamed and pleaded for them to let him go. Eventually, someone knocked him out and he left. I almost felt sorry for him. The next day, by brought Dawaen back in but he didn't say anything. He just brooded on his bed and looked at the wall with an angry glare. When they brought Kole back, he looked like he had seen a ghost or something and laid in his bed shaking and mumbling like a madman. I don't know what the aliens did to them, but it wasn't pleasant, as that green guy had said...

I was bored to tears. If they wouldn't let me see Kasai, then what was the point of me being here? The King obviously hated me for whatever reason and he wasn't going to let me have a roam around or something. He wanted me to crack, but joke's on him. I was bored out of my mind but I'm not dumb...

"And here is where we are keeping our newest specimen for experimentation and gestation development. You are quite aware of the issue regarding procreation on Elbask?" someone said as they came down the hallway.

"I remember the King and Queen explaining some stuff. They can't have kids, right?" a young voice said.

"Precisely. There is a faulty merging of DNA due to a missing enzyme that we no longer seem to possess due to the wars."

I was leaned up against the corner of the glass panes, counting the colors of the blobs, when I heard footsteps, which was unusual. I turned a little just as an older looking man and a very young boy came walking down the hallway. I wouldn't have noticed the kid if not for the fact that there were no kids on the ship and did a double-take at his presence. My eyes got wide and I stood up, following the two down the hallway, beating on the thick window.

"Kasai?! Kasai, it's me! Hey! HEY!" I screamed, beating on the glass.

The two apparently acted like they didn't hear me and I growled angrily, beating on the glass again with as much strength as I could muster.

"KA-SAI!" I screamed, and hit the glass really hard.

The glass cracked but did nothing else but leave my hand to bleed. At first I thought that it didn't do anything, but I saw Kasai take a peek from the corner of his eyes and then his eyes widened. I don't know what that meant, but it looks like he had heard me and saw me so maybe something will come of it. And at least I know he's actually on the Mothership and not somewhere else.

"Was that the little brat that caused all this?" Dawaen said from his bed, his back to me.

I looked at the cut on my hand and frowned at him.

"Considering everything that you're going through, I wouldn't put the blame on Kasai. He had no choice in the matter."

"He hAd No cHoiCE." Dawaen mocked. "Man, fuck you and your preaching over there. You're not being poked and prodded and experimented on. You've just been sitting here like a bump on a log this whole time."

"I may have been sitting here but I haven't eaten in all that time either. I'm suffering just as much as you."

"I would rather starve."

"Then maybe you should have taken your daddy issues elsewhere instead of killing my best friend."

"How many times to do I have to tell you that I didn't kill your boyfriend?"

There was a sharp moan and Dawaen and I looked over at Kole. He was in a ball on his bed, shivering.

Dawaen made a face."Stop yelling."