Nineteenth

MARS

"Get your blobby hands off away from him." I breathed, wiping the blood from my nose.

"Oh, how delightful!" A972 laughed, swirling around Max's unconscious body like a snake. "I think I'm going to squeeze him to death."

"Stop! Wait... Please... What do you want?"

"What do I want?"

"I'll do whatever you want me to do... Please..."

A972 unfurled from Max and he fell in a heap on the floor. A972 turned into his solid form and gave me a very maniacal grin.

"I like this side of you, human. Seeing you beg like a little bitch... It makes me get chills."

"You're a sick bastard, you know that? You and that king of yours. Fuck the both of you!"

"You're wasting time, human! If you're trying to escape there's not much chance you're going to be able to do it now. I won. Now," He walked over to me and crouched down in front of me. "I want you to beg... I don't care how, but beg for Max's life."

I swallowed hard, ready to do it, when I caught sight of Max. He was there, alive... breathing... I had to get him home. I had to get him home. I came all the way out here to motherfucking space to fight these large sentient blobs of jelly to keep Max's son from being hurt. I couldn't protect Max, so I promised to protect his son... but now, Max was right in front of me. I could see him. He was there... he was alive... My promise widened back to Max now.

It was my job to get him home.

"Fuck. You." I snarled, standing up quickly and grabbing the syringe that was beside me.

I have no idea what it did or what it contained, but it was the only weapon I had. I plunged it into A972's arm and pressed down on the plunger. A972 yelled and pulled his arm away from me, stumbling back. Something was happening to his arm, I don't know what, but I ran past him and grabbed Max. A972 wasn't done though, and he sent his other arm flying past me, where I clotheslined and fell back, coughing.

"Gonaro megaermeg enkia whikap hael ehogy koenpeho nakinek koete koete en'am?!" he screamed in Elbaskin.

Apparently, I lost my translators in the fight. I was dazed from falling hard on my back and A972 stood over Max, a syringe in his hand. I couldn't get up and I had to watch as knelt down and stuck the needle into Max's arm.

"Now, you wanna try that again? I will pump him full of whatever this is."

"Get off of him." I heard above us.

I looked over and found Zylith holding a gun thing to A972's head.

"Step away from him."

A972 grinned and pressed the plunger down anyway.

"NO!!!" I screamed.

Zylith whacked A972 hard and he actually... got knocked unconscious? I looked at him and then at Zylith.

"Um... I've been knocking his ass around for like twenty minutes and I haven't been able to do anything."

"The syringe you happened to use against him was an experiment." Zylith laughed humorlessly. "Ironically, it was my experiment... on myself. I was trying to figure out why I ended up a solid and... and..." She suddenly started laughing hysterically.

"Zylith, what did he inject into Max? Hey!" I stood up and shook her. "You can kick him in his balls later! What did he inject into Max?"

Zylith knelt down and grabbed the syringe, smelling it. She tsked and looked at me.