Thirteenth

It's been weeks but it feels like months. I don't know where Mars is but me and Kole get taken out at intervals to have god knows what done to us. We haven't spoken in all this time. The aliens are really starting to mess with my mind. They turn into my dad or Zylith and recently they just started turning into Kole. I guess they can permeate into your subconsciousness and found out Kole was special to me in whatever way he is. They used him to do all sorts of stuff... I wake up sick half the time, nauseous as hell, and a splitting headache. Kole, the real one, is usually just laying in bed and doesn't make a sound. If what he said was true and the aliens are making him relive me beating Max in Max's shoes, then I can see where he would begin to hate me.

These aliens are something I've never dealt with before. They're making us turn on each other so that we'll feel all alone and give up and then they can do what they want without us caring. It sucks that I've never been one to quit... but Kole on the other hand...

************************

I threw up again and leaned against the toilet. It was getting rough without much to eat or drink around. My stomach as starting to cause problems with my shirt, as in it wouldn't stay in it. I'm fat... like a small pig... I missed my abs and being normal. My stomach might be growing, but the rest of me is wasting away. These dumb aliens don't feed us properly and when they do, it's some bullshit; vitamins ground up into a cube or something. I wobble to a standing position and put my hand to my head. I've had a migraine for days... I walked over to Kole and onto the side where he was looking. He was staring at nothing, like he had checked out of reality. He wasn't in a coma though...

"Kole?" He did nothing. "Kole, can you hear me?"

His hazel eyes flickered to me but other than that, he didn't move. I frowned and touched his shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay?"

He winced at my touch and looked away.

"I'm sorry..." he said softly.

"For what?"

"I'm sorry, Max... I'm sorry... Please don't hurt me anymore."

"I thought I was the one hurting you?"

"That's past. Max can do it now."

I made a face and noticed that his eyes were bloodshot and red around the edges and dark circles were under them.

"How long have you been awake? I mean... have you slept at all?"

His eyes seemed to focus momentarily as he looked at me.

"How can I sleep when when I close my eyes he's always there? He's haunting me... he's haunting me at every hour. My thoughts, my dreams... I say I'm sorry but it does no good."

"Max is dead, Kole. He can't hurt you. Those aliens are turning into him and making him hurt you. They're trying to fuck you up."

"Max is alive."

"No, he's pretty dead. You even went to his funeral."

"No..." he said, shaking his head. "No, he's alive... I know he is..."

"Jeez, what have they been doing to you?"

"I just want him to stop... just for one second... please make him stop... MAKE HIM STOP!!!" he screamed, suddenly become super animated.

He sat up quickly and tried to get away from some unseen danger when he realized that he was being slowed down. He looked down, seeing his slight bump from the child they had put in him and his eyes went wide as he freaked out, trying to push it off of him.