Fifteenth

Discovering the Max was alive (somewhere) really bolstered my determination to get off this god forsaken ship. Also, the fact that everyone figured out what I knew all along about the King being a complete nutcase helped me gain a few allies. The Doctor seemed keen on helping us and I heard rumor that even the Queen was a little distant of her ill husband. Zylith had been onboard from the start, so now it was a matter of getting things in place so that she could help us all get off the ship and back home. While we were waiting, she has been doing vitals on me in regards to nerves and stuff and so far, it's not going as well as it should.

I don't have a sense of touch in most areas of my body, mostly the extremities. She gave me some sort of serum that is supposed to help my body repair nerve damage and hopefully soon things will go back to normal. She said the serum worked on Kasai but she wasn't sure how it would work on a full solid like me. As Zylith had predicted, Kasai 'snapped' back into a younger form he could control, looking like he did when I came on the ship originally. He still hadn't woken up from pushing past his limits, but he needed time to heal.

Zylith had finished the 2.0 model of the translator headphones and gave them to me. These were a drastic rendition of the original model, looking more like earbuds and made me feel like I wasn't trying to do customer service at a call center. After giving me the injection for the nerve damage, the Doctor and Zylith sent me through a few days of physical therapy to get some circulation and control back. The rush of feeling and sudden flow hurt almost as bad as the electrocution since my nerves would suddenly kick on without warning at times. The physical therapy was mostly to help my brain concentrate on moving parts of my body that it registered as missing but were still there. Basically, I had to force myself to move; my eyes said it was there but the brain couldn't get a signal. I was finally able to move around but I had to consistently think about getting around.

**************************

After about a week of nursing both of us back to health (Kasai still down for the count) Zylith informed me that they would have to send me back to the containment room with Kole and Dawaen. I asked why I couldn't just stay with Kasai and she said that the King is still really pissed off and so the farther I was from Kasai, the easier Zylith could work with us both. I don't know how exactly that works but I had to trust her for now. She led me back to the room and I was met with some pretty pitiful sights.

Dawaen looked like he had been tossed in the dryer and turned it on high while Kole looked like he belonged in a mental hospital. Hearing the door open, Dawaen looked over and then made a face.

"Well, well, well, the prodigal son returns. Where've you been?"

"I was getting electrocuted by a crazy king and now I can't feel most of my body. You?"

"I've been a breeder." He said, pointing to himself.

"A what?"

"I'm calling it a breeder, I don't know what they are calling it. Basically, they injected me with some sort of stuff that allowed for "proper gelatin growth" and now I can successfully harbor five blob babies at a time. When they are ready, they magically crawl up my esophagus and out of my mouth like a fucked up horror movie and then they come and collect them into little pods."

"Um... How?"

He shrugged. "I stopped asking after being pregnant the first time."

"You're... oddly calm."

"You know, I didn't think I'd get used to seeing pregnant guys and I didn't think I'd prefer just seeing a pregnant guy until this happened. Watching myself get royally fucked over by whatever experiment they decide to do to me that day, it becomes no surprise when a batch of sentient Jell-O starts coming out of your mouth and crawls away." He said with a lazy flutter of his fingers. "Also, the insta-preg of five blob jellies is weird and creepily normal now. I honestly don't think they could do anything else to me and I be surprised... well... meh, I can't really say that."