The frontlines

You were on the front lines, you've been protesting in a line of hundreds for hours, people of every race, gender, age, and sexuality, followed behind you.
You held your sign high above your head, shouting at the top of your lungs
"Black lives matter! Black lives matter!" A fire lite in your chest, you felt confident and good.
Everything was going good, the protest had been peaceful, few looters but they were stopped before they could do real damage.
You and the crowd turned a street corner, still chanting, still walking.
At the end of the street stood around 40 pigs in full riot gear, you could see the national guard standing behind the pigs, guns in their arms.
Your heart was pounding, faster than it ever has, but you kept going.

"No justice! No peace"

"Black lives matter!"

"ACAB"

The entire crowd shouted and marched on, you turned to your right, and then your left, you smiled to yourself.

But that smile dropped fast..

Three loud booms erupted from different locations... it was tear gas.

Screams came from all directions, and you froze, your heart was beating so fast, so loud.
When you finally decided to run, tear gas surrounded you, you coughed and coughed till you felt that you couldn't. You couldn't open your eyes, you couldn't even move. You felt helpless and scared, terrified even.

You waited for the pigs to tackle you and put you in zip ties till a strong force pulled you to your feet and picked you up bridal style.

"Hold on.. I got you I got you" the voice was muffled but you could tell it was masculine.

The guy who you hoped was help, brought you to a safe spot and immediately flushed your eyes and face.
"Come on open your eyes, you got it, come on" the muffled voice kept pouring water in your eyes and he tried to get help.
As the burning slowly left your face and eyes, so did your vision. The muffled voice was a man in 'riot gear'
Without hesitation, the man picked you in bridal style again, taking you somewhere.
"Where-" before you could finish your question riot stud cut you off. "Somewhere safe"

You didn't try to stop him, you didn't even think about the dangers, what if this guy was trying to kidnap you?

Instead of questioning it, you shut your eyes and rested your head on his chest.

"Thank you.."