Chapter 1 - The Symbol of Slam

That summer.....

3rd person POV

"Just call me All Might kid."

The words that had been ringing in Izuku Midoriya's Head for the last few months.

"It's not your fault kid."

Midoriya rolled out of bed. He sleepily looked at his bed clock. It read 8:21. He went and did his daily routine, brushing his teeth, waking up his mom, etc. He poured himself a bowl of cereal and turned on the television. It was on a sports network.

"Toshinori Yagi of the Minnesota Timberwolves, a Japanese native, just made his 50,000th career point on a free throw. The 46-year-old is seemingly ageless, and is currently leading the Timberwolves to possibly their 5th straight NBA Championship."

Midoriya's eyes grew wider at the thought of the Symbol of Slam.

"Mom! Yagi scored his 50,000th point!" Midoriya yelled.

"Hm? Oh, cool." She mostly ignored his ramblings about the basketball player. "Honey, you know, entrance exams for U.A. are coming up. That....is where you want to go, right?" Stars showed up in Midoriya's eyes.

"Of course!" He exclaimed. "It's only the best basketball high school in the country! Almost half of their pla-"

"Izuku! Calm down!" Inko burst out laughing.

"S-Sorry mom...."

"It's alright. Now get ready, it's the last day of school."

"Alright mom. Goodbye!"

Time Skip lalalalala

Midoriya just went through another day of school, dealing with the same bullying, and despite it being the last day, the teachers still assigned some homework. When school was finally out, he ran out the door to avoid Bakugo, and he ran home. He threw his stuff inside, grabbed his sneakers, and ran back out with his mom calling after him, telling him to be home by dinner. He ran all the way down to a beach. Well, what was supposed to be a beach. Now it was covered in garbage, piled as high as the eye can see. He sighed and got to work, slowly picking up the garbage around the beach and putting it in his garbage bag. Some of he stuff, however, was stupidly heavy. This was not going to be easy.

Little did he know, that a few weeks later, someone started watching him

Time Skip, 3 days before tryouts

"YES!" Midoriya yelled. He stood on top of a washing machine crying tears of joy. He had finished cleaning the beach, and it had really affected him. His muscles grew to three times the size they were before, he gained abs, and he could jump much higher than before. He got off the washing machine, before easily picking it up and bringing it to the dumpster at the nearby warehouse. He wiped the sweat off his forehead before walking back to the beach. He sat down in the sand, looking out at the water. He heard someone sit down next to him, and he turned his head to see who. He saw a tall, skinny man with blonde hair. He instantly recognized him.

"T-Toshinori Yagi?!" Midoriya exclaimed. The man known as Yagi quickly covered Midoriya's mouth.

"Shhhhh! I don't want people to recognize me." He sighed. "I've noticed you cleaning up the beach, huh? "

"Y-Yeah..." he stuttered, still too star struck by meeting his idol.

"You're the kid who ended up missing the last shot in his last high school game." Midoriya turned on him fast.

"You were that All Might guy!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"Of course I was. I wasn't going to give you my real name, was I?" He laughed. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"Other than your injury that put you out for the rest of the season? No."

"Well, I wanted to find an apprentice. The next great symbol of slam." He smiled.

"And I think that can be you."