Chapter 4- The Game

Iida tipped the ball back to Uraraka. She flipped it to Midoriya. He started to dribble it up the court. The rest of them spread out. Though they hadn't met until today, they played really well together. Midoriya could tell, they were in a groove the second they stepped on the floor. 

Midoriya started by finding Iida open for three. Though he was a poor three point shooter, he made this one. The opposing teams point guard brought the ball up the floor, then passed to the corner. Their shooting guard tried to put up a three, but uraraka, seemingly weighing nothing, jumped, and blocked the ball. 

Hard.

The ball bounced off of the guy's head and ricocheted out of bounds. It was their ball.

Kendo took the ball and passed to Midoriya, who quickly found Monoma. He put in an easy layup, all while continuing to piss off his defender.

"Geez, how did someone like you think they stood a chance here? You suck!" Though he was unbearable sometimes, he was quick on his feet and a great offensive player. 

This continued for a few minutes. The game were decided when a team reached 30 points, and Midoriya's had 25 in just a few minutes. The opposing team had scored once, on a lucky three point shot when Midoriya had the point guard smothered. 

The game ended after Uraraka put in a layup, and then stole the ball, passed it to Midoriya, and he ended it, knocking down a three-point jumper.

Game Over. 30-3

With a team of rejects few had ever heard of. The teams shook hands, and tears were stifled back by the other team. They had to accept defeat. U.A. was no longer a reality for them. The group had some squealing from Kendo and Uraraka. They hugged everyone, despite resistance. 

"We did it, We did it!" The two chanted happily. They stopped cheering when Aizawa walked over. His dead eyes stared at the group quietly, and the girls quieted down. But a small smile crossed his face.

"Congratulations guys. You did well." He turned around, and then walked back to the center of the court.

"15 MINUTE BREAK!" He yelled. Since all the games that had been going on had been finished. It was time to take a break. 

After a quick break, the games resumed.

Midoriya's team didn't wins as easily in the next few games. The teams got better and better, and the games got closer and closer.

But they always found a way to win. Eventually, they made it to the top 8 teams. After that, an announcment was made.

"Congratulations!" A voice yelled. "You guys are officially in UA!!!" Some people who made it started crying. AKA Midoriya.

"HEY, I KNOW THAT CRY!" A voice yelled. Midoriya stopped crying and looked across the gym. He saw Bakugo looking right at him.

"Deku?!" He yelled and started stomping towards him. 

"I thought your name is Midoriya." Uraraka stated. Midoriya nodded.

"That is my name, b-but K-Kaachan calls me-" He didn't finish, as Bakugo got to him, and started yelling.

"You damn Deku! Why are you here! You know you aren't good enough to get into UA! It was your teammates, wasn't it?! There's no way some nobody like you could-" He was cut off by Aizawa, who stood behind him, had grabbed his head, and was glaring ferociously. Midoriya stared in amazement.

"When Aizawa played, they called him Eraserhead. He was a great defender. They called him Eraserhead because he blocked a lot of shots with his head." Midoriya fanboyed. Uraraka was too worried at the glare he was giving Bakugo.

" A-And that st-stare?" She asked. Midoriya gulped.

"Eraser's Stare of Death."

"Mr. Bakugo, I don't believe anyone asked for your two cents, correct?" A small sweat drop appeared on Bakugo's cheek.

"N-No. Sorry sir." He said, suprisingly now reserved. A smirk entered Aizawa's features.

"I was like you once kid. Don't make the same mistakes." With that, the man turned around and walked over to short, green-haired woman, supposedly waiting for him in the bleachers.

Bakugo turned around again.

"This isn't over Deku." Then turned, and walked away.

Midoriya walked out the front doors of UA. He would get his acceptance letter in two weeks. He couldn't wait. A sense of unbelievable happiness swept over him. A crooked, happy smile entered his face, and he started to walk home.

"Deku!" He heard someone call from a distance. But it wasn't Bakugo.

It was Uraraka.

She ran up to him with a smile on her face.

"Good job Deku! I guess we'll see each other at school, huh? She said. Deku nervously bit his lip.

"Um, yeah, but, uh, why are you calling me Deku?" 

"Hm?" Uraraka hummed. "Well, I think it sounds cute. Kinda like, you can do it!" She exclaimed. Midoriya felt the heat rise to his face.

"Deku it is!" He exclaimed. She chuckled, and then, looked down, and twiddled her thumbs.

"You you uh, think I could get your number?" She asked. "I had fun with you today, and I like working with you. So uh...." She held out her phone. "What do you say?" His face turned even redder than it already was, if that's even possible.

"S-Sure." They exchanged phone numbers, and to Midoriya's surprise, it was actually her number.

"Woah! It's actually your number!" She giggled.

"what, did you think it would be fake?" One look at Midoriya said it all. "Ok, ok, it's not fake, and I won't ask." She put her phone away and waved. "See you Deku!" Midoriya waved back, as Uraraka walked away, presumably in the direction of her house. Midoriya did the same, but did so happily. He couldn't wait until next month.