Chapter 2- M-Me?!

"M-Me?!" Midoriya sputtered.

"Yeah, why not. You seem to have the skills." Yagi shrugged. "I was like you when I was younger. I sat on the bench, barely ever playing, until someone saw potential in me."

"B-But-" Yagi put a hand on Midoriya's shoulder. A smile graced his face.

"It's alright. Aren't the UA basketball tryouts today?" Midoriya nodded. "Good, let's go." A look of terror crossed Midoriya's face.

"W-We can't just walk in there?!"

"Why not?" Yagi asked. "That's what you're supposed to be do. Try out." Midoriya shook his head.

"B-But Bakugo will be there!"

"That explosive kid? Who cares! You can defeat him." The voice of Yagi soothed him. It calmed his nerves. He nodded.

"Alright. I'm ready to go."

...

Midoriya entered through the humongous UA gates, and took in the scene. Humongous buildings and a beautiful scenery surrounded him. He walked through the huge outside, and opened the doors. A big opening surrounded him.

This was UA.

In front of him him, people walked through a big door with a sign on it. He walked up to it and read the sign.

"Basketball team tryouts, please enter here."

Midoriya entered the doors, and looked into an auditorium, filled with a couple hundred people trying to get into the school basketball team. If they passed, they would be admitted on a fully paid scholarship.

Midoriya found a seat and sat down. People were chatting silently and waited for the introduction to start.

"HELLO AND WELCOME BASKETBALL PLAYERS!" A voice boomed. Spotlight shone on a tall man in the middle of a stage. He had long yellow hair, a handlebar mustache, and orange-tinted glasses.

"I am the sports announcer known as Present Mic!" Midoriya's eyes lit up. He stood up and started rambling.

"Oh my lord it's Present Mic! I listen to his radio show every morning! He was also-" He stopped when he realized people were looking at him weirdly. He covered his mouth and quietly apologized. Present Mic cleared his throat before continuing.

"Alright, let's cut to the chase. The rules are simple. Whoever plays the best makes the team. It will be based off of obvious factors. Points Scored, Assists, and rebounds. As you may have noticed, we have two strings. It's also not gender separated, so you may play girls, or you may play boys. Also, recommendations were not accepted this year. Only people who play the best here will get in. Forty open spots. Hundreds of hopefuls! Anyways, if you would follow the guy at the door, he will take you down to the court!"

There was a chorus of cheers, and everyone hurried to the steps. They ran down the stairs and followed the guy at the door.

"W-Wait for me!" He hurried down the stairs, following the other kids to the basketball court

Screw writers block. Not even 500 words. I'm really disappointed in myself with this chapter. I'm sorry, but writers block has hit me like a truck, and I assure you, the next chapter of IFTO will more than likely be short too.