Chapter 3- Tryouts

"So!" Mic yelled. "You will be split into teams of 5. You will each play a 5v5 game, and the people that impress us the most will earn a spot on the UA roster!" He pointed to the group, hoping for a cheer, but everyone stayed silent, obviously too worked up to care. Mic nodded, then pointed to the students.

"You choose your own team. Choose wisely." With that, everyone stampeded around, trying to find groups. Midoriya walked around looking for anybody, but no one payed attention to him. Most people went up to Bakugo, attempting to tail him and gain some credit.

He refused most people, only getting people he recognized from tv. Eventually, he had put together a powerhouse team for the tryouts. Himself, Shoto Todoroki, son of a famous professional, Momo Yaoyorozu, a tall Forward, Eijiro Kirishima, a cut and dry slasher Small Forward, and Mezo Shoji, a center.

Midoriya had in fact found one person. Ochako Uraraka, a shooting guard.

"It's ok Midoriya, we'll find someone else." At that exact moment, a tall man with blue hair and glasses, along with a weird posture.

"I am Tenya Iida! I would like to join forces with you to take down the opponents!" Midoriya stepped back. From the man with the booming voice.

"U-Um sure. Wh-where do you play?"

"I am a Power Forward or Center! Wherever I must play!" He shouted. Midoriya nodded.

"Two more people are needed." A couple of people walked over to them. A boy and a girl.

"I'm looking for a team. I'm a power forward. Need one?" The male asked. Midoriya nodded.

"Yeah, we could use you." Midoriya said. Then the man started laughing.

"HA! LIKE ID TEAM UP WITH YOU!" He cackled. The girl slapped him. She turned to the group with an apologetic face.

"Sorry. He's a bit sadistic. This is Monoma. I'm Kendo. I'm forward too." The group nodded to them.

"Welcome I guess." Midoriya said. Uraraka just smiled, and Iida bowed.

Suddenly, Monoma got close to Uraraka.

"You're pretty cute, huh?" Uraraka's face turned bright red. Midoriya felt a small pant of jealousy.

"U-Um, can we keep this to basketball for the moment? I'm pretty sure we're about to start." Midoriya stepped in. Monoma looked at him with a look of hatred.

Sure enough though, Present Mic reappeared.

"Alright groups! We will pair you up, and show us your basketball skills!" UA staff members went around taking teams and pairing them up. Eventually, a man wit black hair and a white scarf, who looked like he didn't sleep a wink last night, came up to him.

"You're team 52. You're facing team number 8." The man then walked away. A flash of recognition flashed over Midoriya's face.

"Mr....?" The man turned back around.

"Yes?"

"You wouldn't happen to be Shota Aizawa? The basketball player who's career ended after just two seasons because of a brutal leg injury?" The man looked stunned.

"Y-You know who I am?" He asked.

"Yeah....." A smirk crossed the mans face.

"Well, I'm glad at least someone recognizes me. Thank you." With that, he turned around and walked to the next group.

...

Eventually, the group of players made their way to the floor. They had put on old, spare U.A. basketball uniforms, that didn't really fit. They picked up a basketball, and started a short shoot around. During this shoot around, Midoriya analyzed his teammates.

Iida wasn't a good distance shooter, but he was extremely fast, faster than most point guards in fact, and could jump high and dunk it. He was also a great defensive player.

Uraraka was a really good defender, but struggled offensively.

Monoma was all around quite good on offense, but his defense left much to be desired.

Kendo was good all around. She had a good three point shot, and played good defense. She was known as a three-and-d player.

Midoriya was quite impressed with this team. He thought they had a chance to get into U.A.

He just wished All Might, or Toshinori Yagi, could watch him play.

Little did he know, that the aging all star was closer than he thought he was.

The referee, who happened to be Aizawa, blew his whistle. The teams came together. Aizawa spoke a few simple rules, whoever won moves on, etc.

He blew the whistles again, and Iida got ready, alongside the other teams center. Aizawa threw it up, and the game had begun.

...

It's been more than a month with this book.

Oops-

I'm starting to catch up on writing today. The writing high has hit home today during my short breaks with school.

Today/last night

1. IFTO

2. Glovehat and my kinda collab on The RPG Quirk

3. My new book, an Assassination Classroom Fanfiction, Into The Void

4. My Ship Opinions

5. And this!

Wow. I'm on fire. Might write another IFTO chapter lol

Anyways, cya guys!