IV. Oath-Taking

꧁༒R A I G E༒꧂

꧁༒R A I G E༒꧂

"IN THE NAME of the perpetual harmony of the two tribes, signed by our noble ancestors, I shall now lead you the way to the oath-taking. The words written in the parchment scrolls you are holding will be your word of honour—and the moment that you break this oath, you break your heart and soul."

Two worlds. Different identities. Separated by tribes. But tonight on this colosseum, we stand united as one nation.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please stand and raise your right hand as you recite the Oath of Alliance."

Bawat isa sa aming lahat ay nagsitikas ng mga tayô at nagsitaasan ng mga kanang kamay. Sabay-sabay naming binuksan ang mga balumbon at binigkas ang panunumpang nakasulat sa itim na tinta.

DORMANTS:
In the name of Life and Mankind, I shall serve the Earth and do hereby solemnly swear to be loyal to the ideals of the balance of nature.

As a Dormant of Midgard,
I pledge to sustain the function of the earthly world all while maintaining solidarity with the mystical world.

SURGENTS:
In the name of Life and Mystic Nature,
I shall train as an apprentice of the Masters
and do hereby solemnly swear
to be loyal to the ideals of the study
and practice of Mystic Arts.

As a Surgent of Midgard,
I pledge to sustain the function of the mystical world, all while maintaining solidarity with the earthly world
and the 6 Kingdoms of Aether.

TOGETHER:
We are the youth,
as young as the sun,
as old as the flag,
living as the hope of this nation.
This oath is our alliance,
and shall be sealed in our heart
-until the end of the Universe.

༻♛༺

Halos mag-iisang oras na naming naririnig ang mga hagulgol ni Sanjiro sa tabi. Hindi namin maintindihan kung bakit, kasi tuwing tinatanong namin siya ay mas lalo lang lumalakas ang iyak niyang puro piyok. Ewan ko ba kung mag-aalala ako o matatawa eh.

"Sanjiro, you okay bud?" tanong ko muli habang marahang hinahaplos ang likod niya nang marinig ko ang medyo paghinay ng mga palahaw niya.

Bago magsalita ay suminok-sinok muna siya at nagpunas ng sipon sa ilong.

"PUTANGINA!" malutong niyang sambit.

Teka lang, akala ko ba Hapón 'to? Saan niya natutunan 'yon?

"AAAAAAHHH SURGENT NA AKO! SURGENT NA AKO RAIGE! NAIINTINDIHAN MO BA 'YON?" tuwang-tuwa niyang sigaw, sabay na tinatapik ang magkabila kong pisngi habang tumalon-talon.