Chapter Four: Sleepover

Riot had insisted you stay the night at the compound, and despite your hesitation due to its overall nastiness, you eventually obliged. Surprisingly, the quarters he led you to were quite nice.

"So, do you just have a made-up guest room for every lovely lady that has the misfortune of running into you two?" You joked, running your hands over the soft, white bedsheets.

"No. This is Barron's room, actually." Riot replied. You jumped at his words.

"Why on earth am I going to sleep in Barron Trump's bed?" You shrieked, eyes wide. Riot only laughed.

"You're not. He has a pull-out couch." You covered your face in embarrassment. "Unless, of course, you wanted to sleep on the bed? Barron has seemed to take a liking to you."

"No! No! Absolutely not, a pull-out couch is one-hundred percent okay. Actually, it's better than okay, it's marvelous!" You chattered away, leaving Riot to simply shrug and walk over to the couch. He unfolded it and helped you make it, which was awfully kind of him. Though you would've liked to have seen him without his helmet too, you knew that would definitely be pushing the envelope.

You soon found yourself drifting off to sleep, your mind barely recognizing the soft close of the bedroom door as Barron came in.

The next morning, you woke to the sounds of running water in the adjoining bathroom. Rubbing your eyes, you stepped cautiously out of bed, feeling ridiculously disoriented.

Where am I again?

As if on-cue, Barron stepped out of the bathroom, a towel barely covering nether regions. You screamed, covering your eyes. You managed to sneak a quick peak though, and surprisingly, Barron had the best pair of washboard abs you'd ever seen.

He appears so shrewd and lanky, I never would've known he was this muscular.

"Sorry," He said plainly, toweling off his blond locks. "I thought you were still asleep. I hope I didn't startle you."

"Just a bit," You laughed lightly, staring awkwardly down at your hands. "How's the shoulder?"

"It's fine. You did a nice job, by the way-- I'd really like to make it up to you somehow." You looked up at this, locking eyes with him.

"Please, don't feel the need!" You waved your hands, getting up and walking over to him. "I'm a doctor, after all. It's my job."

"I insist. Is lunch okay? There's a cute bistro just a block from here." His eyes were kind, and you just couldn't find it in your heart to say no. Also, a grilled cheese sounded pretty good right now.

"Alright. Just let me go home and get dressed. I'll see you there at one?" He nodded in agreement.

"One sounds great."