Chapter Five: Brunch with Baddie Barron

You sat outside the bistro, waiting patiently for Barron. You'd decided to dress up a bit, choosing a baby blue wrap dress and white sandals.

I never dress up like this for brunch, You thought. What's gotten into me?

Your eyes drifted down the street, watching the plethora of cars and people go by. Your daydreams were interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching. You snapped your head towards the noise, eyes falling on Barron as he made his way towards you. The scratches on his face from the previous night were evident on his face, though it looked like he'd tried to cover them a bit with makeup.

"Hey," You waved, putting on a smile. "I hope this place is as good as you say!" Despite the joking tone of your voice, you were absolutely famished and really hoped their grilled cheese would hit the spot.

"Obviously," Barron winked, opening the door for you. "Would I really eat somewhere I didn't deem fit for my tastes?" You snickered at his comment, walking inside. A waiter showed you both to a quiet table on the back porch of the bistro. It was a lovely little alcove; though it was surrounded by the concrete of surrounding buildings, it had been made up to resemble that of a secret garden.

"This is so neat!" You exclaimed as you sat down. "Does your dad come here often, too?"

"No," Barron smiled apprehensively. "Father thinks places like these are beneath him."

Beneath him? This was probably one of the nicest restaurants you'd ever been to...

You both sat silently as you looked through the menu, though it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. You felt at ease around Barron, though you supposed the events of the night before could bond just about anyone. You spared glances at him occasionally, daring to look at him for only a few seconds. His facial features were soft, but you could tell that there was a sadness behind them. You could only imagine what he'd been through.

Your grilled cheese was just as incredible as you'd hoped, and the fries on the side were pretty divine, too. As the waiter came around with the check, you were surprised to see Barron pull out his wallet.

"Barron, please!" You began, digging in your purse for your own wallet. "Please let me pay for my meal--"

"I won't have it. After all, you saved my life."

"Please let me pay you back somehow!" You pleaded, feeling ridiculously guilty.

"You can start by telling me your name." He said as he effortlessly signed the bill. You blushed when you realized you'd never once told him your name. You were so stupid!

"It's y/n."