Chapter Twelve: Vibes in this Bih

You were startled awake by a flurry of knocks at your door. Peeling back your sheets, you made your way quietly to the entrance, your phone on standby in case you needed to call Riot. Peering through the peephole, you gasped at the sight that awaited you.

Barron?

Without hesitation, you ripped open your door, pulling him into a hug. You ran your hands through his soft, golden locks, in disbelief that he was actually here. Pulling him inside, you shut the door, carefully propping him up on your couch. It was then that you noticed the blood.

"Oh my god, Barron! Did they hurt you?" You asked, shocked at the amount of damage he had taken.

"Just a bit," He smiled weakly. "But I made sure to return the favor." You ran off to find your medical kit, determined to patch him up. Once you'd located it, you settled beside Barron on the couch, tending to the laceration on his cheek. You moved gently, your fingers ghosting over his soft flesh as you dressed the area and stitched it up. Had you not been so intent on your work, the proximity of his face to your own would've made you swoon.

"I have a cut on my shoulder, too," Barron began after you'd patched up his face, moving to take off his dirtied shirt. You stiffened as he removed it, your eyes betraying you as you caught a glimpse of his chiseled abs. Your attention was quickly drawn back to him when you saw his shoulder.

Whoever had hit him had packed quite a punch; the area was split open and bruised, and you weren't sure your kit had all the right supplies to treat such a wound.

"Your dad did this?" You whispered, your heart breaking.

"He threatened to deactivate my Crunchyroll Premium," Barron muttered, staring directly into your eyes. "So I got a little angry. I didn't know he was so good at fighting." You couldn't help but giggle.

"You're so adorable." You murmured nonchalantly as you began to disinfect the area.

"You are, too." Barron answered. You froze, unsure if you had heard him correctly.

Did he just say I'm adorable?

Before you could open your mouth to say anything, Barron pulled you into a soft kiss. You let all your worries of an unrequited crush fade away as his lips met yours.

◇❖◇

The next few days had been peaceful and uneventful. Barron's injuries were quickly recovering, and Riot had told you both that the F.B.I. was closing in on Trump. You'd spent your time lounging around with Barron, watching plenty of movies together, cooking a lot of great food, and generally just enjoying each other's company.

It was on Thursday when the news broke-- Trump had been arrested. Barron had practically jumped for joy, pulling you in for a smattering of hugs and kisses. You'd both cried, cheered, and done everything in between.

"Who's replacing him?" You questioned as you both settled back down. Barron pulled out his phone, texting Riot.

"Riot isn't sure yet," He responded, looking up at you. "It sounds like Pence was involved with this, too. So Pelosi will probably be stepping in until the 2024 election comes up later this year. I hear Joe Exotic is out of prison and will be running, so maybe he'll be our next incumbent?" You both laughed at this, trying to imagine such a wild and eccentric man leading the country.

"Well, weirder people have been elected. I can think of a certain orange one..." You trailed off for a second. "I wish we could just get out of here all together. I'm almost done with my residency anyway."

"Honestly, that's not a bad idea." Barron contemplated. "I've hated living in the public eye anyway. But where would we go?" You smiled.

"I know just the place."

◇❖◇

A/N: will post the ending tomorrow! thanks everyone for reading it this far, your comments have made me laugh so hard and it's been such a blast. also, barron would be 18 in 2024 so just imagine trump wins the reelection (ew) and so Barron's now old enough for it to not be weird lmfao.