Chapter Thirteen: Cottagecore, The Property Brothers, and Waifus

Initially, you thought Barron would've been against moving to Alaska, considering its harsh climate and remoteness. However, his desire to completely break away from his family and their reputation had led him to agree. 

"Besides," He'd said, mulling over the idea.  "I love the cottagecore aesthetic."

For the next few months, you both mulled over the specifics of the house you were having built in the boreal forest. Although you were unable to be at the construction site yourselves, Barron had hired the Property Brothers, allowing you to have complete faith in the project.

You stared out at the catalogues in front of you, eyes glossing over as you looked at page after page of hot tubs. Jonathan and Drew had only given you a few hours to pick the perfect one, and the pressure of such a monumental decision was making you anxious.

"Say, how would you like to travel abroad one last time before we go off the grid?" Barron asked, breaking your concentration. "We only have two weeks until we move, and we could both use a break from all of this anyway." He gestured out at the slew of home design magazines strewn about your apartment-- it looked like HGTV had thrown up all over the place.

You took a moment to process his suggestion. Honestly, that sounded pretty good to you right now. Both of you had been cooped up since the arrest of Trump three months earlier to avoid the media. You weren't sure how much longer you could go without the outside world.

"That sounds really nice, to be honest." You began, bloodshot eyes looking up from the hot tub catalogue. "Where to?"

"Japan, obviously! I want to see my waifus irl." Barron quipped, giving you his signature wink. You groaned, opening up yet another hot tub magazine.

"I really hope we aren't just going for your anime girls."

◇❖◇

Upon arrival in Tokyo, Barron had wasted no time in getting you both settled at your five-star hotel in Taito City. Before you could even set the bags down in your room, he had already pulled you back out the door. You followed him as he took you down the city streets, the lights angelically illuminating his tall figure. After quite a while, he finally led you to your destination: the Tokyo Skytree.

"Barron! Dear god, please don't tell me we're going up there!" You whimpered as you looked up in awe at the structure that towered over you. He only smiled mischievously as he forced you inside, buying you both tickets for the observation deck. The elevator ride up was terrifying, but all of your fears faded away as soon as the doors opened. Even though Tokyo had been pretty from the ground, it was even more so from a thousand feet. You stepped out to better see the view, admiring how the lights of the city looked like gems you could scoop up with your hands.

"Barron I-" You whirled around, only to see he was bent down on one knee. Your hands clapped over your mouth as the world around you seemed to stop.

"Y/n, my first impression of you was that you were courageous, intelligent, and absolutely beautiful. As I got to know you better, these notions were affirmed. I grew to love you as an acquaintance and girlfriend, and now I hope to do so with you as my wife. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! It would be a pleasure!" You cried as he slid a stunning ring on your finger. You barely waited for him to stand up before you placed a tender kiss on his cheek.

"I thought you said you wanted to come to Japan for your waifus?" You asked through happy tears. Barron pulled you into a hug.

"You're my best waifu."

◇❖◇

A/n: shoutout to my lovely sis for making the cottagecore Barron! thank you so much to everyone that read + voted on this story!! i hope the ending was satisfying, i wanted it to be serious but still be fun to read. lmk if you'd like me to write anything in the future, i had a lot of fun w this! :)) xoxo gossip girl