09 - Betrayal

...

"You didn't trust me"

...

"Don't mess up" Jungkook presses his words as he stands in front of Jin.

Jin stares deep at Jungkook wanted to curse the hell out of that man for doubting him. It is not like it just Jungkook's mark is on the line, his mark too.

"You may start now" Sir In Yoo says as he presses the stopwatch button.

The pairs shout in unison as a reply.

"Follow me through my illusion, I will make it fast. Stick to me and don't get lost" Jin says to Jungkook as he closes his eyes.

The thing is, Jin's illusion keep changing every time they practiced. None of the illusions stay the same but however for today, the illusion is the same as their last practice.

It is dark and cold. There is no light, they were in some sort of a forest. Deep inside the forest, Jin is besides him.

"It's the same?" Jungkook asks, actually surprise with the same setting.

"I don't know yet, maybe yes. We aren't even at the real point of this illusion so you need to prepare if something happens" Jin replies as he looks into Jungkook's eyes.

"What do you mean you don't know yet? The setting is the same as our last practice-" Jungkook tries.

Jin puts his index finger on his lips as a sign for Jungkook to stop making noise. After making sure there is nothing dangerous for them, Jin looks up to Jungkook once again.

"Don't question me. It maybe the same setting but what is coming may not be the same. Focus on this illusion and your part before I decided to make it stop" Jin presses his words.

Jungkook shuts his mouth, nodding at that although his pride is a little scratch by the words Jin pours to him just now. Jin is at the upper hand in this and Jungkook didn't like that.

They are supposed to be partner which means no one is at the upper hand but Jin right here is clearly making it obvious that he is at the upper hand.

He decided to throw away the thought and only focus on his part for now. After the evaluation he will definitely confront Jin about this. Since the time is limited, the impatient Jeon Jungkook ignores his mind for once.

"Look at me, come here"

It's the first time Jungkook hears the voice. When the voice started to sound, Jungkook straight away looking at Jin. He looks the same as him. Confused.

"Do you hear that?" Jungkook asks.

Jin is speechless. How is it possible for Jungkook to hear that? The previous practices prove him that Jungkook never heard anything but now?

"Focus on yourself, we need to make it end fast" Jin grabs Jungkook's wrist, making the latter eye him instead of everywhere around the forest.

"Come towards me"

Jungkook frowns as he looks at Jin.

"Focus on yourself!" Jin shouts at Jungkook when he notice that Jungkook didn't even do what he asked him to do.

"It is calling us, maybe we should check-"

"It is not calling us. You need to make it faster otherwise I'm going to cut it here" Jin says, tone turning colder with every words he mutters.