𝟬𝟭𝟲 the goonies in action

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
the goonies in action

     NOVA AND JUNO spent the remainder of the night talking — not about Juno's mother since the girl explicitly stated that she didn't want to recall the events of the moments leading up to the vicious argument between Juno and her mother

     NOVA AND JUNO spent the remainder of the night talking — not about Juno's mother since the girl explicitly stated that she didn't want to recall the events of the moments leading up to the vicious argument between Juno and her mother. So Nova and even the guys did everything in their power to distract Juno from the horrible thoughts circulating through her brain, and plaguing her mind with each haunting memory of what her own mother did to her.

     They started off with going over the plan to find the gold inside of the well underneath the Crain house, catching Nova up to speed with the plan, so she was ready for when the day finally rolled around. But when that wasn't enough, Nova and Juno spent what was left of the night locked in the spare room as they talked all night until the sun came up the next morning. Nova explained what had happened between her and Rafe and that was why she didn't show up at the chateau when she did, and what went down between her and JJ at the beach, whilst Juno admitted she missed having Kiara around, and needed her more than ever right now.

Truth is, hearing those words leave Juno's lips made Nova regret the plan they put together to trap Kiara and Sarah on the boat, especially if their plan didn't work in the end. Juno was hurting and all she wanted in that very moment was her girlfriend. Guilt was all Nova felt throughout the rest of the night.

That was why Nova was relieved when the guys left the next morning to go and pick up Kiara and Sarah from the centre of the marsh, leaving Nova and Juno behind whilst they waited patiently on the deck outside the chateau. The sun was rising over the horizon, a deep orange mixed with pale pink — a beautiful contrast compared to the dark night from hours before. It was quite comforting, Nova thought, a ghost of smile planted across her lips whilst she continued to stare at the breathtaking sunrise displayed in front of her ocean, blue eyes.

Although, a beautiful sunrise couldn't erase Juno O'Connell's pain. The very thought of what her friend must be suffering through right now was enough to make Nova's smile fade, her gaze slowly drifting over towards Juno, who was sat down beside her, her eyes staring down at the moving ripples of water beneath her. Nova could tell she was at peace, but there was no denying there was definitely still some painful memories haunting Juno in the back of her mind.