Capitolo Quattro

I couldn't tell you how long I was locked in the bedroom, all I knew was that I felt vulnerable and alone. I felt more alone than I ever did back in New York with my father acting like a tyrant and locking me away. I had crawled underneath the covers of the king sized bed and sobbed for what must have been hours, eventually crying myself to sleep.
I woke up to voices in the hallway and mid-afternoon light was streaming in through the burgundy curtains.
"Where's the wife?" a playful voice asked that instantly recognized as Carmine. "She's still asleep," my rotten excuse for a husband answered back. "It must have been a long night for her," Carmine said and I could imagine the smirk on his face. Domenico didn't answer but instead I heard the footsteps getting more distant and knew they were done with the idle chit chat and were going to discuss business.
I remained in bed seeing as how I didn't have a reason to actually get dressed, it's not like I could leave the confines of the bedroom.
I drifted back to sleep and was woken up again but this time to the sound of the doorknob of the bedroom being twisted and the wooden door swinging open. I wasn't going to the give Domenico the satisfaction of seeing by swollen, red eyes or my flushed cheeks so I buried my face into the pillow. "Apollonia I know you're awake," his deep masculine voice made me want to shiver but I managed to remain still as a board. "You received a phone call from your cousin Claudia. She said that she and the rest of your family arrived back in New York safely."
I wouldn't respond back to him and I heard an agitated sigh leave his mouth.
"If you insist on acting like a child I will lock you in here twice as long."
At hearing this I was livid. "You can't keep me hear like a dog," I swung my body on the bed so that I was facing him. "Actually I can," he answered smugly. "You should be grateful that I even came in here at all. I was considering leaving you here for a few more days."
I couldn't believe my ears at what I was hearing he actually thought he could lock people in rooms as long as he wanted. "I didn't even do anything to you!" I yelled at him in disbelief.
"You disrespected me in my home," he said. "But we're married it's my home too," I protested.
"Cara if it weren't for me you would still be getting beaten by your pathetic excuse for a father," Domenico said. At that I was at a loss for words he was right after all, by being married to him my father couldn't lay a finger on me.
"How do I know you won't hit me?" I questioned him. "I don't hit women" he stated simply "Especially women that are much smaller than me." Even though I was still mad I felt relief flood my body when he said he wouldn't ever strike me.
"I'm still mad," I said stubbornly looking away.
"You're mad that I wouldn't sleep with you?" Domenico stood up proudly with a smirk plastered on his model like face. "You're upset that I didn't have you screaming my name last night and into the morning?" When I didn't respond he pressed on obviously enjoying my discomfort. "Did you want me give you a baby last night cara?" He leaned down to whisper into my ear causing my breath to hitch in my throat.
"Get off me," I was seething at this point. His vulgar language shocked me but also sent heat running through my veins. "I see it in your eyes," he continued on. "The desire you have for me," he was so full of himself the hatred I had for him before nearly tripled especially when he lowered his head down to my level and his lips were less than a centimeter from my own.
"Don't be ashamed of what you're feeling cara. I have a desire to touch all over you as well but maybe I have more self restraint than you do. After all I am more on the experienced side of this subject than you." With that he turned around and waltzed out of our bedroom as if nothing had happened.