Chapter 2

He runs alongside the train. Gaining more and more speed. As soon as he has enough speed he throws me on and grabs the handle to pull himself in soon folled by Uriah. As we past the Hub we jump off. I do a roll then quickly stand back up and continue. I feel someone brush the dirt off my back as we run. I look behind to see Shauna. She's Lynns older sister. Zeke and Shauna have been friends since birth. Birthdays are 4 days apart. Shes also choosing today. I have a feeling she will be back though. We run into the Hub quickly .

*Italics are Veronica Roths writing from the book Four*

Max is hosting the ceremony this year. "Welcome to the Choosing Ceremony" Max says his deep voice filling the room. "Today you will choose your factions. Until this point you have followed your parents' paths, your parents' rules. Today you will find your own path, make your own rules." I glance around the room looking at all the factions as Max rambles on. I see Marcus Eaton, I think his son is choosing today. "First up, Zenllnor, Gregory" I dont pay much attention to them. "Pulm, Farrow" Max says. Almost Zekes turn. Shauna already chose Dauntless. I knew she would.

"Pedrad, Ezekiel" He looks nervous. We stand up so he can walk towards the aisle. My heart races. Max hands him the knife.He freezes. Then turns to look back at us. All is silent waiting for him to make his choice. He pushes the blade along his palm ready to make his choice. Blood pools in his hand as he reaches across to the bowl with the coals. But freezes. What is he going to do? His hand moves back. Please no. Not Abnegation. I need my brother. He hand quickly jerks forwards and his choice is made.