Cut out

No ones POV

Tanaka and the others rushed out of swells car and into the miyagi general emergency hospital. They ran up to the receptionist.
'Hello, may I help you at all?'

"Uh, yeah my friend has been admitted here from what o have heard and we want to see him"

'Patient's name please?'
"Ennoshita Chikara"
'Relation to the patient?'
"We're all his best friends"
'Okay it will be in room 18-4 and th-'

That was all she could say  before the 4 rushed off racing to the room. As they ran they had quick glances towards signs. 15,17,18. They turned to the right to see a corridor of rooms.

1,2,3,4! That's it

There was a doctor outside of the room who noticed the panic for the friend.

"Yes so you're here for ennoshita if I'm correct? If so I should probably explain what happened"
The black haired doctor explained to the group.
'Yes please' they all said in unison.
"You see, he was walking through an alleyway when he got held at knifepoint by some thugs looking for the stuff he was carrying at the time. Just as a bystander walked by the entrance to the alley the thug slit his throat open. He has survived it and is recovering but there's is a major problem.

"Huh what is it?"

' his voice is was slit in the process. This means that he is unable to speak at all

The 4 of them gasped and stood there in shock at what he said. Yeah he was quiet but his voice was always so calming to anyone who felt sad or upset about something.

"Um, I-is there anyway we can fix it, surgery or something like that?" Narita asked, stumbling on his words as he muttered out.

'Well yes, there is a surgery that can give him a voice but it is very expensive and will take about a month to perform it and about 2 months before he even can speak normally.'

"Can we go inside to see him?" Noya asked

'Yes, he is healthy but just very exhausted so he may be extremely tired. He's also struggling to cope with this as he can't speak to anyone he cares about. However, w shave given him a whiteboard and pen so he can write down what he wants to say.

They walked into the room and saw it. They were at a loss for words ( well so was ennoshita but..) when they saw something they didn't like seeing. Ennoshita was laying on the hospital bed on his side crying whilst holding his stomach and voice.

(A/N I'm so sorry but there is no way I can write a hospital scene and not do it)

"E-enno?"

The black haired teen turned around to see his 4 best friends behind him and he couldn't control himself anymore. He burst into tears yet silently. The gang surrounded him and held themselves in a big hug for a couple of minutes until they all slowly separated.

Ennoshita picked up the whiteboard and wrote on it in his normal,neat handwriting.

I fucking hate this. I want my voice back.

They all chuckled quietly and held some conversation for a long hour until the visiting hours were over and they had to go home. They were all sad of course but as they walked out they realised something.

We need to do something about this to help him. For all the times he helped them during deaths of family members, days when they didn't want to get out of bed, when they failed an important test and helped them study for the next one.

They had to do it.

Do it for enno.

_______________________________

Word count:622

I've got to say this is probably my favourite chapter yet and I'm looking forward to developing this