change

Athena's POV
Today is my 15th birthday. Halloween. My friends dragged me out to go trick or treating while my whole family gathered at our house. Even though the movie came out a couple years ago my friends insisted on dressing up as the suicide squad so that means I was forced to be harley quinn.
The fun thing is though is that my best friend Dakota is dressed as the joker so he isn't wearing a shirt. Now your probably thinking all the characters are dudes well all my friends are guys.

After awhile of walking around we headed back to my house and I made Dakota carry me.
We stopped at a park to sit for a few minutes. We were all sitting in a circle when Dakota asked to talk to me.
"Hey Athena can I talk to you for a sec" "sure dekta".
We walked over to some trees away from the group.
"So Dakota what did you need to talk about" "um. I like you its okay if you don't feel the same I ju-" I cut him off by kissing him. "I like you to Dakota". That's when it happened.

Gun shots went off we ran to our friends but they were dead. Two more shots went off and Dakota dropped next to me. "No Dakota listen to me im gonna get you help" I told him as I pulled out my phone and called 911. The call connected and as I was about to speak I was shot in the leg and dropped my phone. I couldn't grab my phone but knew someone would be sent out so I turned my attention back to Dakota.
"Listen Dakota you gotta stay with me I need you" I heard one more shot and turned around the guy killed himself. "Athena listen to me" Dakota said as I could hear sirens in the distance. "Athena I love you I wanted to tell you for so long and now that I know you feel the same I want you to know" "I love you to Dakota don't leave me".

As I said this the paramedics showed up along with the police. They pulled me away from Dakota into a different ambulance. "Dakota I need to be with him please" I pleaded to the emt. They wouldn't listen though.

The whole way to the hospital I cried I just lost my friends and I dont know if Dakota will make it. When we reach the hospital they prep me for emergency surgery then I pass out from anesthesia.
2 hours later
I woke up to a stranger and an officer in my room. The stranger talks first. "Hi Athena my name is ms.rose i'll be your case worker and be with you trough your adoption process" I cut her off after that.
"What do you mean adoption what about my family" "that's what the detective is here for." now im worried. My friends are dead I might lose Dakota I was shot and now they say there putting me up for adoption. "Hi Athena my name is Jay. Do you have any idea why someone would want to hurt you or you family" detective Halsted said. "No I don't is my family ok you've been talking about adoption" that's when ms rose speaks.
"Athena at your house earlier today your family was murdered" "get out I don't want to talk to you. Jay can you stay" "legally I cant leave you in here alone with an officer" ms rose said. "Well I asked you to besides no one will find out"
Finally she leaves. "What happened to my family" "im sorry to inform.you but at 11:45 while you were in surgery the fire department got a call.to a house fire when they arrived on scene the fire was huge." "did anyone make it out" " there were no survivors im sorry"
my family and friends gone on the same night. I just hope I dont lose Dakota.
"Jay when can I leave." just then a doctor walks in and he seems to know Jay. "Hi my name is Dr.Halsted im Jays brother." "dr Halsted when can I leave." I really wanted to make sure Dakota was ok. "Well seeing as you recovering well you should be released by next week. Do you have any other questions"
"Yeah just one more. Can you tell me what happened to Dakota Johnson" "He's currently is surgery but he only has a 40% chance of survival"

"Worst birthday ever."