going home

Athenas p.o.v
Today's the day. Dakota and I are heading out to California to live with my parents. This would be our first time meeting in person. Its currently 3 in the morning. Nobody went to sleep. Dakota and I have to be at the airport at 5 so I let the guys have there fun. Im sitting on my bed while the guys are play fighting in the middle of the room. Its gonna be so different with out these guys around but I know im coming right back to them after a year.

Seeing the guys have fun like this makes you forget were you are. Seeing as it's nearing 4am I sadly have to break up the fight. Seeing me walk over the guys assume its to join them so they attack. Rivers is the first one to the ground. Next is lee then smith. Seeing I just took 3 guys down the rest stop.

"So stan what do you come over for" avery asks. "Well boys I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its time to start heading out"  everyone looks sad. Rivers goes to get the car and before I get my luggage avery grabs it then I feel myself being picked up looking down I see that gray has me on his shoulder.

Looking around at my brothers I start getting emotional. I know it is only a year but in this line a work a lot can happen in a year. I've lead this team for 2 years and anything that goes wrong I feel like its my fault. Now its gonna be worse because I wont be there to protect them keep them safe.

We make it to the car and everyone piles in. Rivers is driving with lee in the passenger seat. Lee turns on some music and Don't Stop Believing by Journey comes on and everyone starts singing.

The ride to the airport was an hour of singing and fun. Reaching the airport we all got out got the bags and walked in. We joked around for about another hour before our flight was called. We all stood up Dakota grabbed our bags and soon him and I were in the middle of a group hug.

"Alright you guys look out for each other don't get killed" I tell them. "We'll be safe" Rivers says.  "Don't do anything stupid till I get back" I tell them. "How can we your taking all the stupid with you" avery says. Then with that Dakota and I head to the plane. Turning back around to look at everyone I knew they would make it without me. And with that I stepped on the plane.

Sorry it was short. The story hopefully gets better as I keep writing. Anyway heres pictures of the sunrise I took in 30 degree weather in shorts.