Chapter 10

THE INVASION

Sokka was making sure everything for his plan was perfect for today, Katara seeing that he was stressed out and handed him a glass of water to try and make him take a break

Sokka was making sure everything for his plan was perfect for today, Katara seeing that he was stressed out and handed him a glass of water to try and make him take a break. Aang got up finally, a smile on his face and Persephone grinned. "Top of the morning, Momo." Aang greeted his lemur.

"Sounds like you slept well." Katara smiled.

"Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." Aang told them while Momo purred.

"So what's your strategy for taking him down? Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little avatar state action?" Toph asked.

"I can't. When Azula shot me with lightening my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe." Aang said sadly.

"It's okay, Aang. We will be there every step of the way." Persephone told him.

"You know what I just heard? Blah-blah, spiritual mumbo-jumbo blah-blah, something about space." Toph told them.

"Oh, no, Sokka..." Katara said, looking out on the water. "Do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" Katara asked while Sokka got up and looked.

"No... that is the invasion." Sokka told them, the boats arriving while Toph and Aang earthbended some walkways for the passengers.

Persephone greeted them while she saw everyone she met along the way. "You made it dad!" Katara said happily.

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asked.

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type." Hakoda said, the Swamp Benders coming off the boat as he pointed. "Is it just me or are those fellows a little loose in the leaf hat?"

"I just wish they would wear pants." Bato told him.

"Pants are an illusion and so is death." Huu told them.

"Hi, Katara." A boy said, Persephone smiling and walking up to him.

"Haru, it's so good to see you." Katara said, running up to hug him.

Persephone smiled and bowed at him. "Haru, we meet again." She said, punching his shoulder.

"Toph, this is Haru. When we met him his town was controlled by the Fire Nation, so he had to hide his Earthbending." Aang told the young girl.