Chapter 15

THE GREAT ESCAPE

Persephone was in her cell, the night being quiet as she smirked, seeing a figure in the corner of her room

Persephone was in her cell, the night being quiet as she smirked, seeing a figure in the corner of her room. "Checking up on me?" She asked, her eyes closing while she put her hands under her head.

"Yes, I care about you, remember." He told her, feeling him sit on her bed while she smiled at him.

"I remember." She whispered, taking a moment and feeling him lay down next to her. "You're going to get caught." She told him, turning to lay in his chest.

"Sokka is next to me, nothing will happen." He said to her, the girl looking up to him and smiled.

"I wish you were really here right now." She mumbled, closing her eyes and he played with her hair.

"Don't worry, we will come up with a plan and be out of here soon enough." He whispered, kissing the top of her head. "Now, get some sleep." He told her, the girl closing her eyes and doing what he told her.

<><><>

The next day, Persephone was still in her cell, waiting for someone to come by. "Persephone, are you there?" Sokka asked, the girl walking close to the door.

"I'm here." She told him.

"I just got done talking to my dad. We came up with an escape plan together." Sokka said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" A guard asked, Sokka jumping out of his skin and Persephone looked around, trying to think of something.

"I was just telling this dirty lowlife what I think of her." Sokka said.

"Well, you'll have to do that later, she's coming with us." The guard told Sokka.

"Why?" Sokka asked.

"Because we have orders straight from the warden, that's why." The other guard told him.

"Could I just get ten more seconds to rough her up a bit?" Sokka asked.

"Fine, ten seconds." The guard told him, Sokka going into the cell while Persephone held onto a pillow and smirked.

"Take that, and this." He said, punching the pillow when she faked getting hurt.

"We have a new plan, but it's gonna need a big distraction. Be in the yard in one hour." Sokka whispered, hearing the door open while Sokka grabbed her and started shaking her.