Chapter 14

THE BOILING ROCK

As Persephone was practicing her fire and water bending, she watched as Zuko was handing out tea

As Persephone was practicing her fire and water bending, she watched as Zuko was handing out tea. "No one can make tea like uncle, but hopefully I learned a thing or two. Would you like to hear uncle's favorite tea joke?" Zuko asked.

"Sure." Katara told him.

"I like jokes." Aang smiled.

"Bring it." Toph said while Zuko was passing the tea to everyone.

"Okay, well, I can't remember how it starts but the punch Like is, 'leaf me alone, I'm bushed.'" He told them, no one laughing. "Well, it's funnier when uncle tells it."

"Right... maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing." Katara said while that made everyone laugh.

"It's nice to get a chance to relax a little. It hardly ever happens." Toph said while Zuko went over to Sokka.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked, moving away from Persephone and the group, the girl raising an eyebrow.

She waited to see Zuko and Sokka come back, the girl watching as Zuko came towards her. "Tea?" He asked, looking at Sokka while he did so and she grabbed it.

"You waiting for Sokka to explode?" She asked, smirking while digging in his mind.

"Hey, don't do that when I'm next to you." He said, her eyes going wide.

"The boiling rock? Why would Sokka want to know that?" She asked him, and that's when it hit her. "He's going to try and go." She whispered, Zuko raising an eyebrow.

"He's not that stupid." Zuko tried to reason while Persephone shook her head.

"No, he is. Trust me. I dated him." She said, walking away while Zuko's eyes widened.

"You dated!? And you didn't tell me!" He yelled at her, the girl covering his mouth while the group looked at them.

"Yes, we dated. And you dated Mai. But now we are together-ish." She muttered, smiling and Zuko frowned.

"What do you mean -ish?" He questioned.

"Well, you haven't probably asked me to be your girlfriend yet. And we haven't kissed." She smirked.

"Yes we have!" He yelled at her.

"Cheeks and forehead do not count, silly." She laughed, walking away as she started packing her belongings. The two waited for Sokka to get on Appa, Persephone smirking when she saw Sokka climbing up.