Chapter 17

THE EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS

As days had passed since the incident of Katara finding the man who killed her mom and Persephone being severely injured, the group decided to move forward to Ember Island, a little beach where Zuko used to go with his family and they stayed at hi...

As days had passed since the incident of Katara finding the man who killed her mom and Persephone being severely injured, the group decided to move forward to Ember Island, a little beach where Zuko used to go with his family and they stayed at his old beach house. Persephone was watching Aang, the boy practicing his fire bending with Zuko as he followed every move the Prince was making. She smiled lovingly, finally able to relax that her soulmate was part of the good group and she leaned against a pillar, Sokka coming next to her.

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara asked, Persephone rolling her eyes as Zuko came up next to the girls.

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us." Zuko said, leaning down to kiss Persephone slightly and he pulled away, staying near her.

"You guys are gross." Sokka muttered and showed them a poster he found. "And you guys are not gonna believe this. There's a play about us." Sokka smiled.

"We were just in town, and we found this poster." Suki said, showing them the avatar play poster.

"What? How is that possible?" Katara asked.

"Listen to this. 'The Boy in the Iceberg' is a new production from the acclaimed playwright Puan Tin who scoured the globe, gathering information on the Avatar from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage." Sokka read.

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players." Suki finished reading the poster.

"Ugh. My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered 'Love Amongst the Dragons' every year." Zuko said while Persephone chuckled at him.

"Love Amongst the Dragons?" She asked, teasing him that he would watch that play.

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara asked.

"Come on. A day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky, time-wasting nonsense I've been missing." Sokka said with a large smile.

In the end, Sokka got everyone to go, Persephone dressed in her silk robe that she stole from the Fire navy ship and had ever since packed it in her bag. Her hair was up in a large ponytail and a Fire Nation sigil for her hair tie.

Zuko couldn't take his eyes off her, the girl making her way to sit down and Zuko sat right next to her, seeing the opening next to her and Katara. But Aang frowned, looking at the seat and rubbed the back of his neck. "Hey, uh, I wanted to sit there." Aang told him and Persephone frowned.