Chapter 4- A night together

After we finished playing truth or dare, everyone was pretty tired. Geoff made a little pallet on the floor and I had the couch. Otto and Awsten slept on the bunk beds, Awsten on the bottom. We only had a couple more hours on the road, by the time we woke up we would be parked in the next stadium.
"Night Alex," Otto said to me before climbing onto the top bunk. "Night," I said. It wasn't long before everyone was asleep, after all, they just had a concert.
I fell asleep for a short bit, but then was awakened by a bump in the road. I opened my eyes. For a second I had forgotten I was on the tour bus with the boys, I looked around the unfamiliar setting, remembering everything that had happened that night. My car not starting, eating mac and cheese, and...the kiss. The kiss that felt so wrong but...so right at the same time. I tried to rearrange and get comfortable on the couch again. That's when I heard it. Soft little sniffling noises. I sat up and looked down at Geoff. He was peacefully sleeping on the floor infront of me. It had to be Awsten. At first I thought I should just leave him alone...but then again, I wanted to make sure he was okay.
I got up and tiptoed quietly past Geof, being careful not to wake anyone up. I walked over to Awstens bunk and sure enough, he was awake. It was dark in the bus but I could see his watery eyes sparkling in the shadows. He sat up against the wall next to the bed, his legs curled up to his chest. He honestly looked pretty cute in the dim lighting, his face giving a pale silvery glow. "Awsten?" I whispered. He looked up at me. "Sorry...did I wake you?" He asked softly, his voice all choked up. "No, no...you didn't. Are you okay?" I asked, walking closer to the bed. Awsten nodded, staring down at the floor. I sat at the edge of the bed. "No...you're not. Something's wrong," I said concerned. Awsten paused for a second, pressing his lips and trying to hold himself together. "You can talk to me," I whispered. "It's just...I feel..." Awsten began. He stopped and shook his head. "It's stupid," he said. Instinctively, I gently placed my hand on top of his. "It's okay. I care about you," I said, gazing into his beautiful brown and blue eyes. "She left m-me," he whispered, his voice breaking. I didn't know what to say. I knew how hard breakups could be...and anything anyone ever said to me never seemed to make it hurt anyless. "I get how you feel. I've been there before. I know it's hard. But if it didn't work out, then it just wasn't meant to be," I said to him. Awsten nodded. "I know. It's just going to take a while for me to get over it," he said. "And that's okay," I said. We sat in silence for a while, my hand still holding his. "You need to get some sleep Aws. You have a big concert tomorrow," I said. Oh no. I called him Aws. Only Jennifer did that and Jennifer liked him. I didn't like him. Not like that at least. Right? "Okay..." Awsten said sadly. I started to get up to go back to the couch. "Wait...." Awsten said. "Yeah?" I asked confused. "Could you maybe...I don't know...like...stay? Here. With me. Not in like a weird way but just so I feel...okay?" Awsten asked shyly. He seemed to feel more and more embarrassed with each word. I looked into his eyes. Sleep with Awsten? In that tiny bunk bed? Close together? That would be weird. But how could I say no to those beautiful eyes? And deep down....like really deep down...I wanted to. "Yeah," I said. Awsten smiled a little. I crawled into the bed and layed down next to Awsten. He convered me with the blankets and nuzzled his head near my shoulder. I felt the urge to just wrap my arm around him...but should I? Would that be ever more weird? I slowly brought my arm to his shoulder and held him close to me. He opened his eyes, and met with mine. Oh no. Was I not supposed to do that?? I panicked. But then Awsten smiled. Not a "I just got what I wanted" smile...but a "thankyou" smile. I smiled back. "You're going to be okay," I whispered. Awsten closed his eyes. I wanted to just kiss him on the forehead right then...but I didn't. For some reason I felt safe with him. Like I was right where I needed to be. I closed my eyes...and we drifted off to sleep together.