Chapter 15- "I think I've already fallen."

I walked into Starbucks to meet up with Zane. He was already there at a table waiting for me. "Hey Alex," he said to me. "Hi," I replied. He had a plain black coffee and his computer sitting in front of him. "You can get yourself something if you want," he said. "I'm fine, I just want to get this over with," I told him. "Remember, Just because Awsten likes you doesn't mean you aren't his sound manager. We have work to do," he told me. "I know, so lets get it done," I said.

Zayn got on his computer. "So Hopeless Records said they could be our label for the next Albulm. Equal Vision is just not working out for us anymore," he said. "So do you already know what studio we are going to record the songs in?" I asked. "Yeah we have one in mind, it's right down the street from where Awsten lives so that will be convenient," he told me.

I nodded.

"And considering you are gonna be spending lots of time at Awsten's, it will also be convenient for you," he said. "Shut up," I laughed. Zayn smiled. "Just saying," he said.

After a little over half an hour, I left Starbucks and headed back home.

"So what time do you wanna go ice-skating tomorrow?"  I texted Awsten.

"Idk." He replied.

"Does 3 sound good?" I asked.

"👍,"  he texted me.

Weird. Awsten wasn't normally so short with me.

I went to bed without his usual goodnight text. Honestly, I was a little sad. I just wanted to tell him how much I cared about him but I didn't want to message him if he wasn't interested in talking to me.

"Hey so are you gonna pick me up or should I drive?"  I texted him.

"I don't really care,"  he said.

"Okay...well I guess I will drive to your house then you can take me to the skating rink,"  I told him.

"Okay,"  he said.

I didn't understand, Awsten seemed so exited to go ice-skating but now he didn't seem to care at all.

I drove over to Awsten's house and walked up to the door. Knock knock.
Awsten answered and let me inside. "Please tell me why you're upset," I said. Awsten looked sad and he just stared at the ground. "Please Aws," I said. "I saw you at Starbucks with that guy...I just...If I'm not enough for you, don't lie to me, just leave me," he said. I quickly realized the situation. "Ohhhh," I couldn't help but laugh a little. Awsten looked at me confused. "Awsten....," I said. "What?" He asked. "That was Zayn! We were just having a meeting," I said. To my surprise, Awsten's eyes started watering. "I'm so fucking sorry Alex," he whispered. I walked closer to him. "It's okay Aws," I said. "I've been cheated on before and I guess I'm just left with some trust issues. I feel terrible for excusing you of doing that," he said. "I understand. After all, we just started dating, I can't expect you to fully trust me yet. But just so you know, I would never cheat on you or lie to you. We need to be honest with each other," I told him. Awsten nodded. "And if there is ever something wrong in our relationship...just tell me. Don't just ignore me and act like you don't care about anything," I said. "I understand. Also...are you saying that...we're like...together now?" He asked. "If you want. I really like you Awsten. I don't want to lose what we have," I told him. Awsten smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "Of course I want that," he whispered.
We sat there holding each other for a while. Awsten kissed my forehead. "Still going ice-skating?" He asked. "You bet," I said.

We got in his car and drove to the skating rank. "So did you get to see your friend?" He asked me. "Yeah it was so nice to see her again," I said. "Did you tell her about us?" He asked. "Yeah," I giggled. Awsten smiled.

We got to the skating rink and Awsten helped me put on my skates. "If they aren't tight enough you could fall," he told me. "I think I'm gonna fall regardless of the skates being tight or not," I laughed. Awsten smiled and shook his head. We walked to the entrance of the rink and Awsten stepped onto the ice and waited for me. I put one foot onto the ice and realized how slippery it was. "You expect me to stand on that?" I gasped. Awsten laughed. "Here, hold on to the wall," he said. I held the wall with both hands, there was a little railing on the wall, kinda like a window payne. It wasn't much of a grip at all. I fully stepped onto the ice and held tightly onto the wall. Awsten stood right by me. "Well you're on the ice. That's a start," he said. I slowly skated along the wall for a bit. "Okay. Now give me one of your hands," Awsten said. "I don't think I'm ready for that," I hesitated. "You can keep the other on the rail,  you will be fine," he assured me. "Okay...," I said cautiously. I let go of the rail and held onto Awsten's hand. "See? Wasn't that hard," he said. We continued gliding across the ice together, my legs shaky and unsteady.

Suddenly, Awsten pulled me from the wall. "What are you doing?!" I gasped, struggling to keep balance. "Give me your other hand," Awsten said. With nothing else to grab, I held onto Awsten for dear life. "Please take me back to the wall!" I begged. "I've got you baby. Don't worry," he said. He started skating further from the wall. "Slow down!" I cried. "I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall!" I said. Awsten giggled. I hated that he wasn't taking me seriously but his smile was so adorable. We continued skating together, Awsten guiding me along the ice. I smiled a little. I have to admit, I was starting to get the hang of it and it was less scary. "Woah!" I gasped as I almost fell. Awsten caught me and pulled me closer. We skated to the center of the skating rink. "I hate you," I squeaked. "No you don't," Awsten smiled. He was right. I didn't hate him. "You're gonna make me fall," I said. "The only falling we're gonna do is together," he said.
"But I think I've already fallen," he whispered. He lifted my chin up, that had been buried closely to his chest, and softly kissed my lips.