53: Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

Peter POV:

Soon we arrived to the new Avengers Facility.
"Take a look. It's pretty impressive, huh?" Happy said with a smile on his face. I looked out the window to see large buildings. "They just finished remodeling the whole thing." I studied the facility in awe and then turned and smiled at Elizabeth. Soon we parked and Happy led us in. I looked out the large windows to see a Quinjet take off, I turned around and looked at Elizabeth and Happy with my eyes widened in excitement, "You don't see that everyday." Happy said.
"Oh, there they are. How was the ride up?" Mr. Stark said making us all turn to look at him. He walked up beside Elizabeth and they hugged.
"Good." Happy replied.
"Give me a minute with the kid." Tony said turning to Happy.
"Seriously?"
"Yeah. I gotta talk to the kid." Tony said, Elizabeth looked at me and smiled.
"I'll be close behind."
"How about a loose follow? All right? Boundaries are good." Tony looked down at Elizabeth and spoke to her now, "keep him at a loose follow for me." She nodded and Tony walked up to me and playfully hit me on the shoulder. I looked back at Elizabeth again who winked at me as she wore a proud smile. Tony put his arm around me now.
"Sorry I took your suit. I mean, you had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect sort of tough-love moment that you needed, right? To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?"
"Yeah, yeah I guess." I said.
"Let's just say it was." tony sighed as we continued to walk toward a door in front of us.
"Mr. Stark I really-"
"You screwed the pooch hard. Big time. But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies... All right, not my best analogy." The door opened in front of us now, "I was wrong about you. I think, with a little more mentoring, you could be a real asset to the team."
"To the... To the team?" I said, stuttering as the excitement and disbelief over the situation hit me.
"Yeah. Anyway... There's about fifty reporters behind that door. Real ones, not bloggers." Tony said pointing to a door in front of us, he then tapped his watch and two doors slid open revealing a brand new Spiderman suit, "When you're ready... Why don't you try that on? And I'll introduce the world to the newest official member of the Avengers: Spider-Man." I walked closer to the suit as my mouth hung open, I struggled to find words.
"Yeah, give that a look." Tony paused as I continued to stare at the suit in front of me, "So, after the press conference, Happy will show you to your room, your new quarters. Where's he between? He's next to Vision?" I looked down now.
"Yeah, Vision's not big on doors." Happy said from behind.
"It's fun." Tony said.
"Or walls." Elizabeth added.
"You'll fit right in." Tony said.
I hesitated before turning around to face the three of them, "Thank you, Mr. Stark. But I'm good."
"You're good? Good? How are you good?" Tony asked confused.
"Well, I mean, I'm... I'd rather just stay on the ground for a little while. Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Somebody's got to look out for the little guy, right?"
Tony took off his sunglasses, "You turning me down? You better think about this." He said pointing to the suit, "Look at that. Look at me. Last chance, yes or no?"
"No."
"Okay. It's kind of a Springsteen-y, working class hero vibe that I dig. Uh, Happy will take you home. Yeah?"
"Yeah. Mind waiting in the car? I need a minute." Happy said.
"Thank you Mr. Stark."
"Yes, Mr. Parker. Very well." Tony said as we shook hands.
"See you around."
"Okay." Tony said as I started walking out of the room.
"That was a test, right? There's, uh, nobody back there?" I asked turning as Tony closed the compartment where the suit was.
"Yes, you passed. All right, skedaddle there, young buck."
"Thank you, Mr. Stark. Thank you."
"Yeah, thank you." Tony said as I left the room.

Elizabeth POV:

I watched as Peter walked out of the room, and then I turned and looked at Tony and Happy, with a smirk on my face.
"Wow, definitely a surprise." Tony said looking at me.
"Not really, I tried to tell you." I said with a light laugh. "I'm gonna go talk to him."
"Alright."
I turned around and ran after Peter who was already outside of the building.
"Peter!" I called out.
"Hey!" He said turning around.
"I think that was a great choice." I said as I stepped close to him.
"Really? Good. That... that was crazy," Peter said with a big smile.
"I told you Tony would see that you are a hero." I paused as Peter looked up at the Avengers symbol above us, "Hey so, do you mind if I join the friendly neighborhood Spiderman as he looks out for the little guy?" Peter looked at me a smile blossoming on his face.
"It would be an honor." He said, I smiled and pulled him into a hug, my heart was filled with joy.
"Alright you two, break it up." Happy called from behind us. Peter laughed nervously as Happy walked down to the car.
"I'll see you later, Lizzy."
"See you later, Spiderman." I said.
Peter smiled and then walked down to the car where Happy was waiting. I waved at the two of them as they drove away. Once their car was out of sight I walked back into the building, and to the room where Peter's suit was. Soon Tony walked out the room where all the reporters were.
"I'll let Pepper handle the rest of that." he said putting his arm around me. "So, are you gonna join him on his little adventures?"
"Yes I am." I said as we walked to the training quarters.
"Well then I guess it's time for me to show you your new and improved suit."
I held in my squeals as I walked into my locker room where the suit was. It was mostly black and dark grey, It had a hood and a grey vest and a mask.

 It was mostly black and dark grey, It had a hood and a grey vest and a mask

(NOT MY DRAWING OR DESIGN!)
(it's not sparkly btw)

"It's designed to be a lot like Natasha's suit, it's light and easy to move in, but I added the bullet proof vest, and a hood to help hide your identity, you also have a belt that can hold weapons such as knives and guns if you want to carry them." Tony said as I touched the suit, my smile widened. "Oh and I also made you a mask that goes over your mouth, but don't worry it doesn't muffle or suppress your screams, it's just there to hide who you are. The suit is also easy to carry around and put on."
I turned around and hugged him. "Thank you so much!"
"You're welcome," he said as we parted. I turned and admired the suit.

Peter POV:

"Aunt May, did you do dinner already?" I called out as I entered my apartment, throwing my keys on the table and walking to my room. I stopped to see a brown paper bag that says, "This belongs to you. -T.S." I took my earphones out, staring at the bag. "May?" I called out again, but there was no answer.
I opened the bag to see my Spiderman suit that Tony had taken away from me, I smiled and put it on. After a few moments I pulled off the mask with a satisfied smile on my face.

 After a few moments I pulled off the mask with a satisfied smile on my face

"What the Fu-"