10

Twenty minutes after we pulled up to the only convenience store that runs 24/7 on campus, Lorraine finally knocks on the window-rather aggressively-which isn't helping the headache I'm currently nursing

Twenty minutes after we pulled up to the only convenience store that runs 24/7 on campus, Lorraine finally knocks on the window-rather aggressively-which isn't helping the headache I'm currently nursing. I hang up the phone with Ryan and wind down the window -slowly so that it pisses her off-and give her a toothless smile. "I know you don't own a car sophomore but this is BMW, and it is very disrespectful to knock on it like that-"

"Do I look like I care right now?" She cuts me off abruptly, her nose flaring slightly as pulls the door handle once more to no avail "can you unlock the door?"

I scowl slightly as I press the unlock button, my eyes dancing to watch her glide into the passenger seat next to me with a tired huff. Why in the world is she always so f*cking angry? She dumps the plastic bag she's carrying on the centre console which makes me roll my eyes. "Still mad I sent you into anal all by yourself?"

"Danal's." She corrects while leaning against her seat before staring out of the window at the flickering lights on the first and last letter of the store's name. Danal's has been known as anal long before I became a student of UCLA. Rumour has it the store owners love the attention the store gets from freshers that they deliberately leave the broken store sign as it is. The only problem I have is the creepy vibe the flickering lights emit but it looks like sophomore here is finding it extremely inappropriate as her cheeks are filling with pink "and I'm not mad, I'd just rather not be here."

"Whatever" I grab the plastic bag to see if the sophomore got the right things to treat the little cut on my forehead. I glance at her swiftly before pulling down the sun visor. I grimace slightly at the sight of the wound. Although it looks bloody, I'm thankful it's not deep enough to need stitches and is short enough to be covered in the small plaster Lorraine got-even though I specifically told her to get a bigger size than the one she bought. It seems like she'd do any little thing in her power to get back at me for not letting her write my article. "Coach is definitely going to give me a lot of sh*t at practice today."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have gotten in a fight for no reason in the first place." I hear the sophomore grumble next to me which causes me to turn to look at her unbelievably. She's still staring out of the window, hands folded across her chest like a defiant child. I don't know what's pissing me off the most, her excessive whining since she got in my car or the fact that she just asked me that question. "That would have saved us all a lot of trouble."

"Maybe you should shut the f*ck up for the rest of the night sophomore." I snap back before I can stop myself "that would most certainly save me from wanting to kill you because of your annoying voice."

"I wouldn't be annoying if you had turned back like I asked you too. You forced me to leave my friend behind."

When I finally got through to Ryan, I found out that the sophomore's friend ended up getting a ride with him because he told her he saw Lorraine leaving in my car. Although I didn't support Ryan driving under the influence, I can only be relieved that she made it out of there in one piece. I don't think the sophomore would be able to live with herself if anything happened to her. Plus she'd blame me for it forever.