15

Practice was f*cking brutal today

Practice was f*cking brutal today. With midnight madness just a few days away Coach is starting to work everyone of us pretty hard and is not tolerating any bullshit from our end. It started with Wesley turning up a couple of minutes late last week. Normally it's only the individual who's messed up paying for their actions since he hates tardiness but Riley wasn't having it. He called everyone out on their screw ups. He was tired of how Ryan was fucking up his screening, Joseph couldn't hit one damn layup and I had to take a break because my knee nearly fucking gave out.

It's the first time it's happened ever since I got back on the court. I sat in coach's office while he spoke to my PT for almost thirty minutes asking all the questions to ensure that it's safe for me to play. She confirmed that it's normal to happen as I injured it pretty badly during my accident but I shouldn't worry too much about it. I hope it doesn't f*cking happen again. With me being back as the captain, I need every bit of my body to work.

So the past few days have pretty much been the same sh*t for me and the days have sort of blurred. Practice at 6 in the morning, classes, gym repeat (except that Wednesday that Ashley called me over to her place. It wasn't a planned f*ck but it was definitely needed). I even have to get schoolwork done so I can maintain my GPA before Riley comes for my f*cking head. He's already made it clear to Bradley and Mark that he'd have to bench them if their attendance and punctuality to lectures doesn't go up. Safe is better than sorry. I've seen coach bench his best players for important games.

Right now Sawyer's gone to Walmart to pick up some drinks for his upcoming party and Bradley's locked up in his room blaring music loudly. Not that I care. He's been in a pissy mood since I dropped Mila off at Bronte's for the weekend. I know how much he loves her and it's obvious he enjoys her company but I don't want that anymore. My enemy is her enemy too even though she doesn't act like it. Plus it gives me pleasure knowing that he's pissed about it.

Dante and I are playing FIFA while Ryan is knocked out cold on the couch with a blanket over him. He went to some party last night and has been sleeping since we got back from practice. His fraternity locked him out again so he's crashing at ours until he's allowed back in the house.

"Dude, did you really think I was going to let you score." Dante laughs and I roll my eyes. He's way too cocky about being the best at this game. If this was Call of Duty we wouldn't be having this conversation. He would not last one minute in the Battle Royale war-zone.

"Shut the f*ck up." I reply when the game goes on timeout after I substitute a player.

"I saw Samantha today." Dante declares as he grabs a slice of pizza from the half empty box sitting on the coffee table "She looks really different."

"Yeah she cut her hair and shit." We both stay quiet for a few seconds as we wait for the game to start up again. It doesn't take a genius to guess that whatever she had going on with Bradley was the reason she cut her hair. "Extreme makeovers after a relationship ends are not uncommon in women. It gives them a feeling of a fresh start and brand newness." I add quoting one of the many magazines I had to read when I was a few minutes early to Schumacher's office. I wait for Dante to question my knowledge but he doesn't.