19

I'm pissed

I'm pissed. Charlie's pissed. We're both pissed. And I can't say it's a good thing that we're locked in a room together with no way of leaving.

I'm staring at Charlie, finding it strange that despite the fact that this guy in front of me has made it a mission to make my life hell, that this dark-haired boy who has continuously disrespected me and manipulated situations so that they can benefit him is making me worried. That despite hating him and wanting nothing to do with him I still chose to be here, in this room, with him, hoping that he would look at me.

That he would talk to me.

For him to know that the two words I want to hear from him have now changed from I'm sorry to I'm fine.

And that even though I'm furious at myself for having zero control over how I feel, knowing Charlie Murtaugh doesn't deserve a thing from me, that I am here. I am here.

"You should be with your friends."

I was actually beginning to think that we'd spend the night in here without so much as a word to each other. But as I raise my head up from where it's laid on the soft pillows on the only bed in the room to look at Charlie, I realise he has finally looked away from the painting he's been staring at since he was forced in here by the boys. His eyes -still void of any emotion- are settled on my face in an intimidating manner which builds up slight nervousness in me.

I didn't see what happened between him and that guy but the limp body I saw being hauled out of the Harrington mansion was enough to let me know Charlie did a number on him. Not to talk about the fight he almost had with Bradley immediately after. Remembering the wild look on his face as he forcefully tried to push past the group of boys holding him from throwing a punch at Bradley makes me apprehensive. To me, it seems like Charlie was out for blood tonight and I want to know why.

Not wanting to seem intimidated by his disturbing gaze, I shrug casually. The girls know that I'm in here with him. They were all there when the first fight broke out and probably know about the reason why it did more than I do. I was just starting up a conversation with Rex by the pool when we heard the ruckus. (Can't forget to add that to the list of things Charlie has managed to ruin for me.) Elle was there when Dante pleaded with me to stay in the room with Charlie. Something about needing someone to get "his head straight."

Although, I didn't understand why Dante would think I'm the best person for the job, I willingly stepped into the room and let him lock me in here with someone I could barely recognise.

"Even if I wanted to, Dante's not going to let us out. We're locked in here till morning."

Saying that out loud suddenly makes me realise the situation I'm in. I am actually locked in a room with Charlie with no way out and it's only my first night here. Three hours ago, I was leaving the room with the hopes of jumpstarting operation dinosaur after Elle got info from her buddy that Rex was already at Dante's birthday party and my friends weren't about to leave me sulking in the room just because I'm avoiding one person.