14. Break My Heart Again

"So go ahead and break my heart again
Leave me wonderin' why the hell I ever let you in."

- FINNEAS -

Jeongguk knocked on Taehyung's door gently, "Tae? Can I come inside? I just wanna talk." He softly said. No one responded so he knocked once again, but louder.

"Taehyung? I want to make this right with you. I don't like it when you're mad at me..." The younger said.

"Please? Taehyung-ah..." Jeongguk sighed and leaned on the door with a pout. He glanced at the bouquet of flowers and Taehyung's favorite sweets.

Jeongguk really felt guilty and even guiltier when he heard his friends' feedbacks.

The sun is setting down lighting the neighborhood with a golden shade. His brown hair glowed and his features were more noticeable.

"Taehyung... Open up, please... I'm really sorry for what I said, I didn't mean any of it." Jeongguk said before letting a sigh.

He dreaded the thought of losing the elder. The younger despised the idea of them acting like a stranger. He won't forgive himself if ever that happens.

"Please... Let me in." Jeongguk said and sat on the doorstep of the elder's eerie house.

"Tae, let me talk to you. Please." He begged.

The door slowly opened, signaling the younger that he can come in. Jeongguk stood up hastily and went inside before closing the door.

Taehyung stood awkwardly while staring at his feet. Jeongguk gave the flowers and sweets to the elder. The silver-haired male accepted them hesitantly.

It was silent and definitely not comfortable, at all. "So... Uhh, I'm very sorry, Tae. I didn't mean to say all of the things I said last night. I acted very impulsively and immature. I wasn't thinking about what you're going to feel when I said those words. I'm very sorry, Tae." Jeongguk held both of the silver head's soft hands.

Taehyung bit his lips, heart fluttering. He just can't stay mad at the younger.

The brown-haired boy placed his hand on the elder's chin, making him look at him.

Taehyung's eyes were red and swollen. His nose was very red and his lips were bleeding. He bit on his lips so hard that it started to bleed without him knowing.

"I hate it when you're mad at me. I hate it when I do something that hurts you. I really regret what I did, Tae. Please forgive me." Jeongguk kissed Taehyung's knuckles softly.

Taehyung sighed, "Okay... Sorry for slapping you. Sorry because I didn't feel bad when I slapped you," he paused, "I was really upset when you brought her to our special cabin. I thought it's special, guess I was wrong." The silver head forced a laugh and pulled his hands away from the younger.

Jeongguk engulfed Taehyung into an unexpected hug, "I'm sorry, Tae. I'm so stupid to bring her there, I should've asked for your permission. The cabin is special to me, it really is! I don't know what got into my mind last night. I'm sorry, I won't hurt you ever again." He said and tightened his hold around the other male's waist.