23. Waste it on Me

"So if love is nothing more than just a waste of your time. Waste it on me."

-- Steve Aoki ft. BTS --

Taeshyung knocked on Jeongguk's door with guilt bubbling inside him. The disappointed and afflicted look on Minjae's face made him feel really remorseful.

The door opened slowly and Jeongguk's face popped up with a confused look.

"Oh, Hey, Tae... What brings you here? Come in, you might catch a cold." The younger widen the door to let Taehyung come in.

The elder stepped inside, not forgetting to take off his shoes. Taehyung sat on the sofa, looking everywhere but the worried younger who sat beside him.

"Are you okay, Tae? You look--" Jeongguk froze as the elder swiftly engulfed him into a hug.

Taehyung sobbed against the younger's shoulder, his hands gripping on the soft material of Jeongguk's white shirt.

Jeongguk wrapped his arms around the elder and rubbed his back comfortingly, "Okay, let it out, after you cry, tell me what's wrong." He whispered in his ear.

Taehyung cried and occasionally hiccuped while Jeongguk softly placed him on his lap so he can be more comfortable.

"I've h-hurt Minjae Hyung..." The elder said, his arms around Jeongguk's neck. He didn't mind their position at the moment.

Jeongguk hummed, "Why?" He softly asked. Taehyung sniffled and pulled away, rubbing his tears away.

The brown head fleetly pulled the elder's hands away from his eyes, "No, don't do that, you'll hurt your eyes." He said and wiped Taehyung's tears gently.

"H-he confessed, he s-said that he l-likes me more than a f-friend... But I o-only see him as a c-close friend and a b-brother, just like our h-hyungs..." Taehyung hiccuped and buried his face on the other's shoulder once again.

"I-I didn't mean to hurt h-him, Ggukie... I j-just don't feel the s-same way." The elder explained, his tears gradually reducing.

"He said it's fine b-but I he looks v-very sad..." Taehyung said in a small voice.

"It's not your fault that you don't like him, Tae. It's good that he confessed now than later or else he'll be more hurt. He'll understand, Taebear. Don't worry about that for now." Jeongguk rubbed the elder's back.

"Do you think that he's mad at me?" Taehyung asked, his tears coming to an end.

"Like I said, he'll understand, Tae. You didn't lead him on so I'm sure he's not mad. He's a nice guy." Jeongguk reassured.

"Okay... Thank you and s-sorry for bothering you..." Taehyung slowly left Jeongguk's lap, his cheeks are painted with red as he realized what he did.

"You're never a bother to me, Tae. Don't leave just yet... I miss talking to you..." The younger said, holding Taehyung's wrist delicately, "Wanna stargaze on my rooftop? Just like the old times?" Jeongguk added.

Taehyung bit his lips and nodded his head. "Nice, let's go-- wait, lemme grab a pillow and blanket for a sec." Jeongguk went inside his bedroom and snatched a pillow and a warm purple fluffy blanket that Hoseok gave him.

They climbed to Jeongguk's rooftop and the cold breeze immediately welcomed them.

Taehyung inhaled the fresh air and looked at the glowing full moon with stars surrounding it in a breathtaking way.

"Wow... It's beautiful..." The elder said in awe. Jeongguk smiled, his eyes focusing on Taehyung, "Yes, it's stunning. It's always so beautiful." He said, still staring at the grey head.

Taehyung's soft grey hair glimmer as the moonlight beamed against them, against the city.

"I miss this. Remember when we always have a sleepover here?" Jeongguk grinned at the memories.

Taehyung giggled and nodded his head, "We used to have a sleepover here whenever you're stressed." He said.

"W-well yeah but it's mostly because I like to watch the stars and moon before I sleep." Jeongguk neatly placed the blanket on the floor and put the pillow above it.

"Wait-- I only grabbed one pillow, I'm going to get anoth--"

"No, it's okay, Gguk. We can share." Taehyung interrupted. Jeongguk nodded, "Okay then," he let out a chuckled.

They lay on the blanket and placed their heads on the pillow that the younger brought. Their bodies close to each other so they can fit inside the blanket.

They stared at the sparkling sky with a soft contented smile. The air is cold and comfortable.

Taehyung closed his eyes, "Are you doing this to apologize? Because if that's the case, I already forgave you. Stop wasting your time and effort to me." He said out of nowhere. He's thinking that maybe Jeongguk is being so nice to him is because he's not acting the same way as before towards him.

Jeongguk turned his head to look at the elder, "If this is wasting my time, then I'm willing to waste my life with you." He said.

"Please give me another chance, Tae. I want you back." Jeongguk added.

Taehyung looked at him, "Promise that you will never hurt me again..." He said.

Jeonggum smiled, "Yes, I'll try my best. I will never hurt you intentionally, I promise." He smiled softly.

"Okay then..."

They stared at the sky once again. Their lips plastered with soft and happy smiles.

But something is not right.

|>End of Chapter Twenty-three <|

What's not right O.O

How's the book so far???

Sorry short chap bc I'M NOT FREAKING FOLLOWING A CHAPTER PLAN ANYMORE DMZXLXMZSMZMZ I think this chap was supposed to be chapter 22 or something but meh--

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten abt Jiyeon yet hehehehehehhe :))))))))

This book is gaining a lot of reads and votes every day... Wow, thank you...

Stay safe! I love you! ❤|