16. Wish You Were Sober

"Real sweet but I wish you were sober."

- Conan Gray -

"Leave him alone, Jiyeon." A voice said.

Taehyung shakily looked up to see who it was, he was too scared that he can't recognize anything at the moment. If Jiyeon did slap him, it's his first time and he's damn scared.

"First you dumped my poem and now you're hurting someone special to me? I heard from you. You're just using me, huh? I'm wrapped around your fingers and shit? I made the biggest mistake of my life. It's when I liked someone like you and wasting my time and money with you. I'm done with you disrespecting my friends and I'm tired of you controlling me because you can," Jeongguk paused and glanced over the silver head who stared at him with shock.

"I'm done with you. I don't want to see your face again. Do you hear me? I'm not courting you anymore. Fuck you." He finished and made his way to Jisung's house once again, leaving Jiyeon and Taehyung behind.

Taehyung ran after the younger with worried gaze, "J-jeongguk-ah! Wait!" He exclaimed but the aforesaid male was too fast and too drunk to even hear.

"Gguk! Slow down!" The elder panted and pushed the drunk people who bumped into him while dancing.

Jeongguk began to chug on his beer like there's no tomorrow. "Jeongguk, stop drinking, talk to me. You're gonna have a bad headache tomorrow, we still have school tomorrow." Taehyung said and pulled the drink away from the brown head.

Jeongguk groaned and sluggishly engulfed Taehyung into a hug, "Fuck s-school." He mumbled and pulled away.

"No, Jeonggu--"

Jeongguk interrupted the elder with a drunk kiss, his eyes drooping slightly while gripping on Taehyung waist tightly.

The silver-haired male froze, he didn't know what to do. If he kissed back, it's like he's taking advantage of the younger.

Jeongguk pulled away and chuckled bitterly, "Jiyeon..." He trailed off before crashing his lips against Taehyung once again.

The silver head let the younger kiss him with tears flowing out of his eyes. Jeongguk really mentioned her name before kissing him, huh.

Taehyung's heart felt heavy while Jeongguk continued to kiss him sloppily. It was his first kiss. He imagined it with Jeongguk once, he thought it would be very magical and ecstatic but it was the exact opposite.

Maybe if he's sober it won't be like this.

"I wish you were sober."

He thought that maybe when they finally kissed, he'll want more but right now, he wanted to run and cry himself to sleep.

"Honestly you always let me down."

Please, help me.

As if on cue, a pair of arms separated them. Jeongguk groaned, he can't utter any words at the moment, he's too drunk.

"Come on, Tae," Minjae said before pulling the aforementioned boy outside the house to his car.

Jeongguk sighed deeply and threw his head backward, "Jiyeon... I hate you." He grumbled.

Maybe if Taehyung heard what Jeongguk really wanted to say, he won't be hurting now. He won't be bawling his eyes out. But what if someone heard?

Maybe if Jeongguk didn't fuck up again, maybe nothing would've changed.

"Taehyungie, breathe for me, please." Minjae rubbed the boy's back, trying to calm him down.

"I-I don't k-know why I f-fucking love th-that coconut h-head, Hyu-hyung. He keeps o-on hurting m-me..." The younger let out a choked up sob while rubbing his tears off of his eyes.

"No, stop that. You'll hurt your eye, petal. Breath, okay? I'm here." Minjae kissed the boy's sweaty forehead with worry and fondness.

"Okay, you're doing great, keep going. Just like that." The ash brown-haired male said when he noticed that Taehyung is slowly calming down.

"H-hyung, I'm sorry f-for always b-burdening you... We j-just met two d-days ago and--" Minjae placed his pointer finger on the younger's swollen lips.

"You'll never be a burden to me, Tae. Even if you met me an hour ago or a minute ago, I'll be your best friend or the person that can be your safe place if you want to, okay?" The elder said with a soft smile.

Taehyung offered him a small smile while nodding, "Thank you, Hyung." He said.

"Do you wanna eat ice cream?" Minjae asked.

"Yeah, I'd like some."

|>End of Chapter Sixteen <|

How's the book? Are you having fun with the drama and stuff?

Don't forget to vote and don't be a ghost reader, pwease!!!!

Wuv you! Stay safe! ❤|