The Winter Soldier

"Sam, you know it's not my style."

"He can't see it when you point it at his forehead." Sam said while he put on his sunglasses. "Valid point." Lenna mumbled. "Also we don't want to kill him you know, just so you remember." Steve added but Lenna ignored him. "I'll get up on the roof. See you soon." Lenna said before she exited the car. "That girl is trouble." Steve sighed while looking after her. "Wipe your drool away." Natasha laughed.

"In position. Sitwell is exiting the building."

Great. Sam are you in position?

Always, Cap.

Wait until Senator Stern leaves.

"What trashy line are you going to throw at him?"

Shut up, Higgins.

"No can do."

Sam, focus.

Why doesn't she have to focus?

Hate to break your fight but we need to act now.

Lenna saw Sitwell take out his phone and raise it to his ear.

Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious.

"Mm they really are. If you don't mind you could grab me some. I would die for a crab cake right now."

The good looking guy in the sunglasses at your ten o'clock.

Your other ten o'clock.

There you go.

You're gonna go around the corner to your right. There's a gray car, two spaces down. You and I gonna take a ride.

Because that tie looks really expensive and I'd hate to mess it up.

Lenna assumed that it was the sign she had waited for and turned on the laser pointer on her rifle. She saw how Sitwell looked around, trying to find her put after a moment he followed Sam's orders.

---

"How long do we have to wait?" Lenna asked after they had dropped off Sitwell. "Be patient. The outside world has really changed you, Sarge." Sam scolded her. "Or maybe the lack of sleep. You know I don't remember when I last got a good eight hour rest." Lenna chuckled. Sam burrowed his brows at her but he had to go catch Sitwell from falling to death. "We will talk about this later." he called out before flying off. "No we won't..." Lenna mumbled to herself, biting into the crab cake.

"Oh so you caught him?" Lenna mocked Sam when they returned with Sitwell. "Not really the time, Sarge." Sam quieted Lenna down. She nodded and sat in the driver's seat. After Steve sat beside her and Sam and Natasha secured Sitwell between them Lenna drove off.

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell warned. "So why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam offered advice. The mood in the car was grim and Lenna had no idea why. "Insight's launching in sixteen hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha said while leaning between Steve and Lenna. "I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve brought his plan to daylight. "What? Are you crazy? This is a terrible, terrible idea." Sitwell yelled trying to force Steve to change his plan. "Can you shut the h-" Lenna started but was cut of by a hand entering the car and pulling Sitwell out.

Lenna was struck by fear and all she could do was to hop on that brake pedal with two legs so the car came to a sudden stop, throwing the attacker off. Another vehicle pushed their car forward and the Winter Soldier that Lenna had heard stories about jumped on their car again. He broke the windshield. "Jesus, take the wheel!" Lenna shouted out when the Winter Soldier pulled out the steering wheel.

Natasha started shooting at the soldier but he jumped onto the other vechiel that was pushing them. When they were rammed into Lenna started losing any control that she had left. "You might want to buckle up." Lenna shouted. She grabbed on tightly when she felt the car lose touch with the road. She saw Steve pulling Natasha and Sam with him and the tips of his fingers caressed Lenna's arm before they fell out of the car leaving Lenna behind.

Lenna regained consciousness only moments after. She felt dizzy and everything hurt but she was alive. She sneaked out of the car and got to the back of the car where her rifle was. A car was burning near her but she saw no-one around. She blinked a few time and shook her head to get the dizziness away while she tried to open the trunk. "Shit." she cursed when she realised that the trunk was sealed. She crawled back inside and tried if maybe she got in through the middle seat but no luck this time either. "Guess we are playing with what we have." Lenna sighed and pulled out her pistol from inside her combat boot.

"Oh thank god you are alive." A familiar voice gasped out. "What else should I be? There's a serious assassin running around and I can't leave a rookie like you to deal with him on your own now, can I?" Lenna smirked while she took position next to Sam.

"Hey! Where did you get that bad boy from?" Lenna asked when she saw Sam's rifle. "From him." Sam pointed at a dead HYDRA agent. Lenna hurried to another one and took his weapon thinking that he probably wouldn't mind if she borrowed it, since he was dead and all.

"We need to get down there." Lenna exclaimed. "And how do you think we should do that?" Sam asked while taking out the last HYDRA agents. "Fuck, I don't know. How did they?" Lenna asked. "Good question." Sam mumbled more to himself and made a confused face. Before Lenna could say anything Sam hurried back to the car and with one swift movement he got the trunk open. "What the shit? I nearly pulled a muscle trying to open that thing!" Lenna shouted while taking her rifle and tossing the HYDRA one on the ground.

Sam grabbed Lenna and pulled her close against him when he flew closer to the fight. He dropped Lenna down and flew towards Steve. Lenna started cautiously walking over to the two men while aiming one of them.

She saw Steve and the Winter Soldier standing across from eachother. His mask had been torn away and Steve looked at him with mixed feelings of confusion and surprise. "Bucky?"

"Who the hell is Bucky?" Sam flew in just before the Winter Soldier could shoot Steve. He took aim again but was now stopped by Natasha who used a grenade launcher and created a smoke cloud which absorbed the soldier. Lenna lowered her gun when she realised that they were surrounded by Rumlow and the HYDRA agents.

"Drop the shield, cap! On your knees!" Rumlow shouted angrily at Steve who gave up and followed Rumlow's orders. Rumlow looked up at the news helicopter hovering above and whispered harshly to an agent, eager to kill the Captain: "Put the gun down. Not here." Lenna was shaken to the core by the realization that hit her square in the chest. She got down on her knees and put her hands behind her head when she felt a gun pointed at her. The four of them where hurried into a van.

Lenna sat in the back of the van feeling numb. She looked at the ground ahead of her and the conversation between Sam, Natasha and Steve was muffled out in her mind. She came back to reality when one of the HYDRA guards fell unconscious on the floor. The other one removed the helmet and revealed Maria Hill saying: "Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain." She looked confused at Sam and then at Steve. "Who's this guy?"

"Make it larger. Captain Broad Shoulders can't fit through that small hole." Lenna joked to hurry away the dark thoughts in her mind. "I think I can." Steve scoffed and jumped out landing on the harsh road. Sam was next followed by Natasha. "If I lose my other leg for this then I'm going to kill someone." Lenna mumbled while she let herself fall like the three before her. She rolled a bit after the van but came to a fast stop. "Still attached." she sighed while patting her normal leg. "Sarge, come one." Sam called out for her and offered to help her up. "Thanks, Wilson." Lenna sighed when she got up and into another van.