Saviour

"Lenna, you have to eat something." Sam insisted. "You know he couldn't even look at me. He talked to me but he didn't look me in the eye." Lenna said back weakly. She was sitting on the edge of the bed in the Raft prison cell. Her left arm was in a sling and she didn't have a new prothesis.

"You should still eat something." Sam mumbled frustrated. "Knock it off, Wilson!" Lenna suddenly yelled so loud that Sam was startled by it. "Hey, hey, sweetie. Calm down." Clint soothed her and gave Sam a wary look. "Fine!" Sam threw his hands up in the air and flopped on his bed.

"So we are really staying here?" Scott asked cautiously. "By the looks of it, yeah." Clint nodded and rubbed his eyes. "You should worry about Wanda." Lenna mumbled.

---

Lenna heard the doors opening and even without looking who it was she knew that it was the last person she wanted to see. "The Futurist, gentleman! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not." Clint shouted while clapping. "Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'll put you here. Come on!" Tony said almost apologetically. Lenna felt the tear in her heart grow larger with every second that Tony was there. She didn't even know what she would do if he started talking to her. Would she yell or stay silent? Would she laugh or cry?

She zoned out and stared right infront of her. Until she heard a loud gasp covered by a cough right behind her cell's door. When she turned she saw Tony's big brown eyes looking back at her. "What did they do to you, sweetheart?" he whispered. "I believe you wanted to ask what did you do." Lenna scoffed. "I'm gonna ignore that. And I'll get you out of here." Tony whispered. "What about them?" Lenna asked and stood up balancing herself on her foot and jumping towards the door. "They'll get out, I promise. But right now I'm going to take you with me. FRIDAY?" Tony nodded at Lenna. It was hard for him to see her so broken.

When the cell door opened Tony wrapped his arm around Lenna's waist and helped her towards the door.

---

"Mr. Stark, I believe you are taking something that isn't yours." Secretary Ross said after they reached the hangar. "She is someone not something. And she isn't an Avenger which makes the Accords not about her. So I'm taking her with me." Tony explained while helping Lenna in the helicopter.

"Did he give you anything on Rogers?" Secretary Ross asked. "Nope. Told me to go to hell. I'm going back to the compound instead, but you can call me anytime. I'll put you on hold. I like to see the line blinking." Tony smiled before closing the door behind him. When the helicopter took off he nodded towards him

---

"Why did you do that?" Lenna asked quietly while staring out the window. "Did what?" Tony replied with a question. "Save me. You know that he'll figure out a way to put me back inside." Lenna mumbled but still didn't look at Tony. "He might do that but then the Accords won't matter anymore. I'm going to make it right and you are going to help me."

---

"Do you want me to guide you to your room?" Tony asked after he helped Lenna off the helicopter. "My room? You mean a guest room." Lenna scoffed while hopping with Tony's support. "No, I mean your room. And since we are already going there then I take that as a yes." Tony smiled.

"I know it's not something fancy or anything but I hope it makes you feel like at home." Tony smiled before opening the door for Lenna. She hopped inside and stood stunned at how beautiful it was. There were decorations from her government apartment and from her childhood home. She noticed that the bed was the same height as the floor. "That's a nice touch." Lenna smiled while pointing on the bed.

"Didn't want you to fall off anymore."

Lenna walked around in the room admiring it when one picture caught her eye. She picked it up and almost instantly started crying. "Hey, sweetheart, what's wrong?" Tony asked worriedly while walking fast towards her. "Happy tears. Or something like that." Lenna explained through crying. It was the picture of her army brothers with her in the middle. "I just miss those guys so much."

"Come on. I have some things for you before we fly out." Tony said before pushing Lenna into a wheelchair. "And what exactly are those things?" Lenna asked with a raised brow. "You'll see." Tony nodded more to himself.

He pushed Lenna into the lab and behind a table. "I'll be right back." Tony smiled before running away. Lenna looked around in the new lab. She had been in the compound only once before and didn't really see anything. "Close your eyes." Tony ordered before coming into Lenna's field of view.

When Lenna opened her eyes again she saw her rifle in her lap along a new prothesis and a cigarette pack. "Oh wow. Alright. Um, thanks." Lenna smiled and caressed over the rifle with her fingers only lightly touching it. "So try it on!" Tony chuckled and started rolling up Lenna's pants. "I don't think it's a good idea." Lenna mumbled with a quick hand movement to stop Tony. "Why?" he asked confused. "It's just that it's bandaged up. When it blew up to pieces in Germany then some of the pieces entered the stub and they had to operate to get them out.

"What? Oh god... I'm so sorry, Lenna." Tony whispered and touched Lenna's leg gently. "You better be! I was treated like a criminal and now half of the team is in hiding."

"Let me fix this."