Helicarriers and chips

"Moving in." Maria called out. Lenna followed her closely with her hand on her pistol and her rifle on her back. Cap and Sam moved past her and she stayed to secure their backs.

"That room." Steve was about to open the door when a tech guy beat him to it. "Excuse us." Steve apologized. The tech guy threw his hands up in the air when he saw Maria and Sam pointing their guns at him. He stepped out of their way, allowing them inside.

"Cap, you better have a good speech ready." Maria said right before she turned on the microphone for everyone to hear Steve. Lenna stood guard outside the door.

Attention, all SHIELD agents.

Everyone dropped their work and looked around in the room.

This is Steve Rogers. You have heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down.

Agents looked at eachother confused.

But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it has been taken over by HYDRA.

The looks passed around at eachother grew more suspicious.

Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well.

Some started to doubt the orders they had received.

I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you.

Many started to grab for their guns cautiously.

They almost have what they want- absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them.

Agents grew more anxious with every word that Steve spoke.

I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not.

Lenna returned back to the others. "Did you write that down first or was it off the top of your head?" Sam joked. "What now?" Lenna asked anxiously. "Now we wait." Steve got out before they heard shots in the distance. "They are initiating launch." Maria said. "Dugan's hat is your responsibility now." Lenna said while placing it next to Maria.

Lenna tried to keep up with Sam and Cap as they ran towards the Helicarriers. "Hey, Cap, how to we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked. "If they are shooting at you, they are bad." Cap replied. Sam took off in his Falcon suit just as the HYDRA agents started shooting. Lenna jumped behind some boxes and pushed herself up on her knee to get a good shot. "I'll cover for you, Cap!" Lenna shouted out. She saw the man running towards the Alpha Helicarrier.

Lenna shot at the agents while making a run for the Charlie Helicarrier. Her prothesis hurt her until tears were forming in her eyes but she pushed forward, desperately trying to reach her carrier.

She heard Cap secure his chip in place. "Sam, I need a lift." Lenna called out for him. "Hands up, Sarge!" he called out before lifting her up from under her arms. "Shoot at them!" he ordered. Lenna adjusted her pose and aimed while Sam flew her to Charlie carrier.
"Thanks, Sam." she said while making her way up to where she was supposed to place her chip.

A large crash distracted her from her intention and she muttered out: "I'm in danger." Lenna saw Winter Soldier right infront of her. "Higgins, your position?" Maria asked after hearing her cry for help. "Between the hands of Winter Soldier. Oh and he is not hugging me, that's for sure." Lenna got out between grunts.

"On my way!" Cap called out and Lenna seriously hoped for him to get there fast enough since both of her guns were God knows where and her fighting skills were no match to the soldier. A punch to the right place and Lenna was down with her world going black.

When she got up she saw Steve and the soldier fighting. Steve noticed her trying to pull herself up and called out: "Sarge, catch!" Lenna looked at him and saw something small flying towards her. She caught it with a jump and saw that it was the chip. "Aim lower!" Lenna called out while hurrying up the stairs. She got the chip holder to open and said already: "Charlie..." But a grunt distracted her and she saw the soldier running towards her. "Charlie locked!" She yelled out while placing the chip inside and closing the holder.

"Get out of there!" Maria called out for her and Steve. Lenna looked at Steve and nodded. She heard Steve order Maria to fire. "But, Steve..." Maria tried. "Do it! Do it now!" Lenna shouted. She tried to force herself up while Steve made his way to her. The sudden shake that was caused by the Helicarriers shooting at eachother made Cap's step waver a bit but he eventually made it to Lenna. "You know, you remind me of someone else I know. I'd like to introduce you to him." Steve smiled. "I'm afraid that has to wait. I'm going off the grid for a while. If I survive." Lenna chuckled. "Steve, you're bleeding." Lenna suddenly gasped. "I'm fine." Steve waved her off.

A sudden grunt from somewhere down got their attention. Lenna helped Steve up and she heard him gasp almost too quietly for Bucky. She helped him down to him.

The Winter Soldier looked almost scared but still angry. Steve got him out from under the rubble but he pushed Lenna away and she hit her head. She opened her eyes and saw the world spinning infront of her.

She saw the men fighting but her body felt too heavy to move.

"Cause I'm with you to the end of the line." Were the last words she heard from Steve before the Helicarrier's bottom fell off and the three of them with it.

Lenna opened her eyes when she felt someone dragging her to the shore. She coughed up water and she saw that she startled the Winter Soldier just a bit. He turned to leave but Lenna called after him. "No, don't go! Take me with you." The soldier stopped. He turned and looked Lenna with a questioning glare. "Take me away from here. I wanna run. I can't do this anymore."