Bruse

Lenna woke up to the sound of someone knocking on her door. "Coming!" she yelled out while putting on her leg prothesis. "Leonid?" a faint voice came from downstairs. "Oh shit..." Lenna mumbled and started flattening her chest. "Leonid? Are you upstairs?" Alisa asked. "Yeah, I'll come downstairs in a moment." Lenna called out and pulled a t-shirt on.

"Hey. What brings you here? Does Vitali know?" Lenna asked when she walked downstairs. "Vitali doesn't know. Please don't send me to him." Alisa whispered. "What happened?" Lenna asked trying to make eye contact with her. When she didn't answer she put her hand under Alisa's chin and turned it towards her. She gasped when she saw a huge bruise on the right side of her face.

"Vitali did this?" Lenna asked gently rubbing her thumb over it but her other hand turned into a tight fist. "Yes... But please! Don't tell him I'm here!" Alisa's blue eyes were wide with fear. "I would never. But what should I do about him?" Lenna asked while taking her hand back and shoving it deep into her pocket. "I- I... I don't know..." Alisa mumbled and looked down.

"I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll ignore him until it's possible. From there I don't know either. But you have to tell me... Why did he do this?"  Lenna lead Alisa to the kitchen and sat her down. "He heard about my lips on your cheek." Alisa mumbled shyly. Lenna could have laughed out loud when Alisa would have know that she was a she.

---

"I'm going outside. I'll bring some wood." Lenna said while putting her coat on and already taking out a cigarette. "I can cook something for you." Alisa said shyly.

"You don't have to."

"I insist." Alisa smiled and went to the kitchen. Lenna smiled a bit before liting up her cigarette.

When Lenna came back the whole house was full of incredibly good smell. "That smells nice." she mumbled. "I'm just about to finish." Alisa called out. "Let me take this." she offered and helped Lenna get her coat off. "You know, men should treat woman like that." Lenna smiled while walking to the kitchen. "I'm sorry... Just Vitali was a total diva. Well is, not was, but you get my point." Alisa smiled.

When Lenna sat down Alisa already put a plate full of food infront of her. Lenna put the first spoonful in her mouth and her eyes went big. "That's really good! I don't remember when I last tasted something so delicious." she said with her mouth full. "Thanks." Alisa smiled. "Why don't you eat?" Lenna asked while eyeing the woman standing next to her. "I didn't think that was appropriate." Alisa mumbled shyly. "But it is. Come, join me. I'll be more mad when you just stand there." Lenna smirked.

---

"Alisa? Can you come translate?" Lenna shouted when she heard Vitali say something on the radio. Alisa came and sat next to her listening closely. "He told them that I am missing but he hopes that I'll come home myself because he has to deal with the shooting that happened a week ago. You know you were there." Alisa translated. "And are you going home?" Lenna asked. "Not now. I can't deal with him anymore. Unless you want me to go..." Alisa said her voice sadly fading away. "You can stay as long as you need. Keeps me sane." Lenna smiled and rubbed her arm.

"Um, Leonid? Where will I sleep? I'm pretty tired." Alisa asked. "You get the bed." Lenna said determinated. Alisa nodded for answer. Lenna stood up too and followed her upstairs.

"Are you comfortable?" Lenna asked when Alisa was in bed. "Very...." Alisa said but Lenna could read from her face that she wanted to say something more. "But?" Lenna asked smiling at how shy that girl really was. "Could you maybe stay with me? I'm scared alone." she said sheepishly. "Of course, sweetheart." Lenna smiled and climbed in the bed with her. She opened her arm for Alisa. "Can I?" Alisa whispered. "Yes. Come here. I'll protect you." Lenna whispered back. Alisa moved slowly closer until they were so close that Alisa put her head on Lenna's chest.

Lenna tensed up. She had never been this close to anyone, not even to Hannah. "Are you okey? I can back off." Alisa asked when she felt Lenna's body tense up. "I'm alright. Go to sleep." Lenna whispered. "Good night." Alisa whispered. "Good night."

But Lenna couldn't sleep. She looked at the peaceful Alisa, snuggled against her chest. She gently stroke a few strands of black hair from her face and tucked them behind her ear.

That stunning voice came haunting back to her. She felt like it was oddly familiar but she couldn't pinpoint that voice to a face. She didn't even have an idea of whos it might be. But one thing was sure- she had totally fallen in love with that voice.