Rifle

"Tony I can do it myself. Just open the door." Lenna laughed when Tony tried to assist her while hopping on her crutches. "I know that you can, it's just..." Tony's voice faded away and he hurried to the door. "It's just?" Lenna asked curiously while passing Tony. "Nothing."

"So where's that geniusness of yours? I'd like to throw these two into the trash can." Lenna laughed while opening the lab's door only to be helped by Tony. "Right over here. Give me two seconds." Tony nodded before hurrying somewhere in the back of the lab.

Lenna sat on Tony's chair and cringed when she heard a loud metal bang. "I'm alright!" Tony called out which made Lenna laugh.

Tony came back holding something behind his back. "It's nothing fancy but I think it should do it's job." Tony mumbled before laying the prosthesis on the table infront of Lenna. She picked it up and was amazed by how light it was. "So how does it work?"

Tony helped Lenna attach the leg and pulled her up. "It should work just like the last one. You wanted simple so I gave you simple." Tony smiled and looked Lenna holding his hands infront so he could catch her if necessary. "Thank you Tony." Lenna smiled and gave a quick kiss on his cheek that made him blush a bit.

Lenna walked around in the lab while Tony was frozen in place with his hand up on his cheek. Lenna almost fell but she caught herself on the edge of one of the tables. "Hey, blushy! A little help?"

"Sorry, right, yeah." Tony muttered while taking long strides across the room to Lenna and lifted her back on her legs. "I need to work on that." Lenna smiled before walking out the lab.

---

"Hey, you going to bed?" Tony asked opening the door to Lenna's room. "Well yeah. I was but since you are here I can postpone it." Lenna smiled after throwing her toothbrush into the cup on the sink. "I... I'm going to make a presentation at MIT and wondered if you wanted to tag along? It's in two weeks just so you know." Tony said. "Yeah, I'd love to." Lenna smiled. "Great. Thanks." Tony smiled and closed the door before Lenna could say anything else.

Lenna sighed when she heard the sound of footsteps grow quieter. She sat down on her bed and rested her head in her hands. After sitting like that for some time she crawled under the blanket and turned the lights off.

Lenna was still awake at 3am. She couldn't sleep for some reason that was unknown to her. She stood up and attached her prosthesis before putting on a huge t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants and making her way to the lab.

It was quiet and the lights were dim in the hallways. The lab was totally dark. "Umm... FRIDAY? Could you turn on the lights in the lab?" Lenna asked. After a second all the lights turned on and Lenna was blinded by them a bit. After her eyes adjusted to the light she made her way over to the almost empty table.

"Does Tony have any rifles in the lab?" Lenna asked after looking around a bit. "Mr. Stark has three rifles in the storage room, Sergeant Higgins." FRIDAY answered quickly. "Could you stop calling me the whole thing? It's quite a mouthful. Just Sarge is alright." Lenna said. "I will make a note off that, Sarge." Lenna smiled to herself and searched for the storage room. "FRIDAY? I'm afraid that I'll need your help a lot tonight." Lenna claimed.

After she had gotten back with a rifle and a few parts that she found Lenna was back at the table. She took the rifle apart and started cleaning it. When she had organised all the parts on the table and made sure that the small parts wouldn't roll off it she started improving the rifle.

She made the trigger lighter and faster, the magazine could fit more bullets inside and gun grip was more fitted into Lenna's hand, the butt pad was comfortable against her shoulder and the barrel was a bit longer. After all the modifications she started putting the pieces back together.

She was jolted out of her trance when a sudden voice coughed behind her. She dropped the small screw and screwdriver on the table and with her quick reflexes she caught the screw from rolling off it. "Ow shit." Lenna mumbled when she realised that she had slammed her hand so hard that the screw was stuck inside her palm.

"Tony! You scared the shit out of me!" Lenna shouted at him. "Well I didn't mean to if that helps. Show me your hand." Tony said when he noticed Lenna grimacing in pain. "It's fine. I just need a pair of pliers." Lenna mumbled while grabbing the huge tool from the table. "No!" Tony shouted but Lenna had already pulled the small screw out. "See, nothing bad. Just a little bit of blood." Lenna smiled while wiping her hand clean inside a paper towel.

"It isn't nothing. Why are you over here at this time anyways?" Tony asked while taking Lenna's hand into his. "I couldn't sleep so I decided to do what I find relaxing. Guns." Lenna smiled before she winched in pain after Tony applied pressure. "You find guns relaxing?" Tony asked confused while dragging Lenna over to the first aid cabinet. "Well working with them and shooting at targets in the shooting range not the whole killing part." Lenna explained her answer to Tony.

"Let's go then." Tony smirked. "Where?" Lenna asked looking at Tony confused. "To the shooting range, silly." Tony laughed and grabbed the rifle. "Wait! I didn't finish!" Lenna shouted right when the whole gun broke into pieces.

"Uh, sorry."

---

Lenna let Tony lead her to the shooting range inside the tower. "Won't we wake someone?" Lenna asked quietly while Tony held the door open. "It's sound proof. No one will hear a thing." Tony smiled and handed Lenna a pair of headphones. Lenna set up targets and ordered Tony to put on his headphones.

She nodded at Tony and took a stance shooting in a standing position. She hit the first target right in the forehead. She then ran towards and lowered herself on the knee and shot the next one in the forehead. She then rolled forward and in the crouching position she shot the third target in the forehead. And when she started walking back she suddenly turned around and shot the fourth target in the forehead.

When she noticed Tony's look she chuckled and slung the rifle on her shoulder. She took off her headphones and Tony followed her lead. "I bet that if you stack the targets on top of eachother the holes match." Lenna chuckled and watched as Tony hurried to gather the targets.

"How... How is this possible?" Tony asked while looking at the lined holes. "Years of practice, tin can." Lenna laughed and patted his back. "I am a trained sniper if you don't remember." Lenna winked. "FRIDAY make a note to never piss off Lenna."