Betrayal

Lenna had been woken by a nightmare. She stared up at the ceiling while listening to the soft breathing of Alisa next to her. She sighed and got out of bed, carefully, not to wake Alisa.

Lenna sat behind the kitchen table the radio next to her tuned to the Avengers channel but it was still quiet. The window next to her was open and her cigarette was burning in between her fingers.

She was anxious about the next day when she would kill many gang members all by herself.

---

"Alisa?! Come say goodbye!" Lenna shouted towards upstairs while securing her gun holster around her waist. "You are leaving already?" Alisa asked when she rushed down the stairs. "Yeah. Better get a good surprise moment." Lenna smiled. "I'll wait for you, Leonid! You better come back!" Alisa said and jumped to hug her. "I'll come." Lenna promised while wrapping her arms to hold Alisa up. After Lenna let Alisa back down Alisa did something that Lenna feared- she kissed her on the lips. Lenna didn't have the heart to pull away immediately from the kiss so she waited for a few moments before pulling back and smiling at Alisa.

"Your mouth tastes like ashtray." Alisa giggled before giving Lenna another kiss on the cheek.

---

Lenna stood infront of a huge abounded building. "Here goes nothing." Lenna whispered while loading her rifle.

She sneaked inside and took down two guards before they could alert anyone but the shots echoed well and the whole building knew that she was there. "So much for the surprise moment." She acted quickly to take down three other guys.

When she reached the stairs, she shot one guy who was running down it. She picked up his body to use as a shield while she took down two other men. After she reached upstairs a shot rang and she felt pain in his arm. "You are going to pay for this." she mumbled and shot him without even looking his way. She moved on, down a long corridor, while kicking down doors and shooting at any men that she saw.

When she reached the end of the corridor and kicked down the last door she found a woman held on gunpoint. "If you wish to save this one you have to trade yourself for her." the man snickered. "Alright. I'll do it. Let her go." Lenna said while lowering her rifle on the floor. When the man pushed the woman towards Lenna she grabbed her pistol and shot the man in the chest before he could do anything.

"Are you okey?" Lenna asked while checking for any injuries. "You is Leonid?" the woman asked with a very thick accent. "Yes, what's your name?" Lenna asked while picking up her rifle. "Old friend send his regards." the woman said before shooting Lenna.

~3 years ago~

Higgins, do you copy?

"Loud and clear, Captain."

You have permission to enter. Keep your eyes open and look after that new partner of yours.

"Wait, what did I do?" Sam asked confused. "Nothing, rookie." Lenna smirked before kicking the door down with her foot.

"Watch out! Watch out!" Lenna yelled out when she and her team entered. "Roberts, Miller. Take the left wing. Jones, Thompson. Right wing. Wilson, Nelson. With me. Let's move it, ladies!" Lenna commanded. He waited until the two teams separated before charging forward.

"We are here to secure the base not destroy it. Understood?"

Understood.

Lenna smiled at the quick response from all of her teammates. That was the team that she had put together by herself after a huge battle that left many good men without one.

"Do we have eyes on the enemy?"

Left wing, ma'am. Three men. Approaching with caution.

"Copy that, Miller."

"Wilson, you stay here with Nelson. I'll be right back." Lenna nodded before running towards the left wing.

Need backup, now!

"Everyone. Left wing, second floor. Let's move it, move it!" Lenna ordered. "Roberts, Miller. Take cover until backup arrives."

No cover. Move on.

"Miller, don't play a hero!" Lenna yelled at the man through her com. An explosion made her ears ring for a moment. "Miller? Roberts? Come in!" Lenna shouted while still running.

Turns out that there was cover. No enemy alive. Waiting for permission to turn back.

"Meet up by the entry. Captain, come in."

Search the base.

"Copy that."

When a shot rang and Lenna fell to the ground she hissed out in pain. "Man down. I repeat man down." Sam said from next to Lenna. "Didn't expect a rookie to save the day, did you?"

~~

"Leonid? Leonid?" a faint voice yelled for her. After Lenna had came back to consciousness she pulled herself up to sit against the wall. The flashback of her first mission with Sam had seemed so real to her that when the voice called out for her she didn't answer to that fake name.

"Leonid!" the voice screamed when the owner of that voice saw her. "Hey, Alisa." she smiled. "You were gone for so long that I got scared." Alisa whimpered while trying to held the wound close. "Lets get out of here." Lenna smiled weakly while pulling herself up. "No sit." Alisa tried to seem authoritative but Lenna started stumbling outside and Alisa had to support her.

---

"Who did this?" Alisa asked while bandaging Lenna's leg. "I'm guessing Olena." Lenna gasped when Alisa applied more pressure after she heard that name. "That bitch." Alisa hissed through her teeth. "Alisa... You know I would still be there when you hadn't came." Lenna smiled and cupped Alisa's face. "I had a bad feeling about that from the start." Alisa pouted while standing up from the kitchen floor. "Lets get you to bed now." Alisa smiled and helped Lenna up.

"Come here." Lenna opened her arm for Alisa who slipped next to her. "I don't know what should I do about Vitali after his soon-to-be wife tried to kill me." Lenna thought out loud while looking down at Alisa. "I don't know. Maybe pretend that you are dead?" Alisa offered.

"I could do that."

Alisa sighed and mumbled: "But you won't."

"No, I won't."

Lenna sighed and stared at how Alisa's blue eyes darted around in the room while she was thinking. "So what will you do?"

"I'm going to kill that asshole."

---

"Sergeant Higgins?"
Lenna opened her eyes and looked around.
"Where am I?"
"In the hospital."
Lenna looked around and noticed that all of her limbs were amputated. She started screaming and frantically trying to move herself.

---

"Leonid! Leonid! Wake up! Please wake up!" Alisa was crying while shaking Lenna awake. When Lenna still didn't wake she finally slapped her across the face. Lenna jolted up breathing quickly and her face covered in sweat. She would have fallen out of bed if Alisa hadn't caught her. "Are you okey? You were yelling." Alisa asked. "I'm fine... Go back to sleep. I'll go downstairs." Lenna mumbled while raising from the bed.

She sat in the kitchen, smoking, with the radio tuned to the Avengers channel again. She wasn't hoping for anything but it gave her some sort of hope that maybe she would hear that stunning voice again. When she already considered going back to bed a quiet tapping began. After a few moments she understood that it was Morse code and that someone was asking for help.

Lenna was upstairs, standing next to Alisa's sleeping form. "Sleep well, sweetheart." she whispered and kissed Alisa's forehead before strapping her guns to her waist and her rifle on her back. She thought for a moment and placed one of her pistols on the bedside table next to Alisa.