MIT

"I won't wear a dress!"

"Why not?"

"It is so unpractical!"

Lenna hurried around in her room while Tony held up a blue dress infront of him. "But you'd look stunning."

"Tell you what. I'll wear a suit since you wanted to see me in those more. And I just happen to have a nice one in my closet."

"Fine. But you better look great." Tony stomped away. Lenna chuckled while watching him looking like a child throwing a tantrum.

Lenna took out a gorgeous black suit with white details and burgundy red silk shirt. She put on her black tank boots but decided to go with her high top sneakers. She put on a red lipstick that matched her shirt and for accessories she decided to go with a simple watch and a pair of earrings.

"Does this look great enough?" Lenna asked when she walked to Tony, who waited for her in the garage. "Oh wow... Yeah. That looks great. Give me a spin." Tony smirked and took Lenna's hand to guide her into it. Lenna had no idea how but she almost fell. Luckily Tony caught her. After a moment of staring into each others eyes Lenna finally snapped out of it and said: "We should go if we don't want to be late."

"It's a good idea." Tony nodded and lifted Lenna on her legs before opening the car's door for her.

---

Lenna waited in the backstage for Tony. She was peeking on the stage and listening to Tony's speech. Towards the end she read from the speech an unfamiliar name: Pepper Potts. When she looked at Tony he seemed to have frozen in place. After a moment of silence Tony said: "Go break some eggs." He walked off the stage and a man that had been waiting next to her immediately started talking to him.

When Lenna saw that Tony wasn't paying attention at all and asked where the restroom was she knew that it was bad. A younger woman, Tony's assistant, approached them. "Mr. Stark, I am so sorry about the teleprompter. I didn't know that Miss Potts had cancelled. They didn't have time to change it." the assistant explained quickly. "It's... Fine. I'll be right back." Tony excused himself and rushed off. Lenna looked at the assistant for a second before excusing herself and walking seemingly calmly after Tony.

She stepped into a corridor. When she looked around she noticed Tony standing almost at the end of it and talking to a woman. She started walking towards them. "Who's going to avenge my son, Stark? He's dead and I blame you." the woman said.

"Hey, lady! It wasn't his fault. Not at least entirely. It could have been mine too! Maybe I was too late to save him? You don't know it. Non of us know!" Lenna quickly rushed over to defend Tony. "Lenna, don't." Tony whispered. "No. It wasn't your fault. Even though I don't know almost anything, I know that you can't blame yourself and she can't blame you either!" Lenna shouted.

"You have a lot of nerve to defend that murderer. I think you should start asking questions before deciding who's to blame and who's not." the woman hissed at Lenna. "And you know the truth?" Lenna asked while pushing away Tony's attempts to pull her away. "More than you." the woman said eyeing Lenna up and down. "Oh yeah? You think so?" Lenna asked with a cocky tone and pushed Tony away again.

"God damn it, Lenna! Stop! I don't want that!" Tony lashed out and spun Lenna around so harshly that Lenna felt the prosthesis cause her more pain than usual. "If no one stands up to defend you then who will?" Lenna asked yanking her hand out of his grip. "I don't need defending! She is right! It was my fault!" Tony shouted at Lenna. The woman smirked and walked away. "I refuse to believe that." Lenna said. "Then you are more naive then I thought." Tony hissed before walking away.

Lenna watched as Tony walked away without looking back. She fell on her knees.

She grimaced at the pain when she walked outside. She saw that Tony's car wasn't there anymore.

"Um, I'd like to order a cab."

Lenna sat down on the sidewalk while taking out her cigarette pack and a green lighter. She placed the cigarette between her lips but when she tried to light it her lighter didn't work. "God damn it." Lenna mumbled while clicking it angrily.

"Miss, can I help you?" a young man walked up to her extending his arm towards Lenna. "Knock yourself out. " Lenna scoffed before tossing the lighter to the man. He quickly did something and lit Lenna's cigarette with it. "How did you...? Uh never mind I don't care. Can you tell me your name?" Lenna asked while taking her lighter back.

"Harley."

"Aren't you a little young to attend MIT? You look like ten." Lenna mentioned. "I'm not attending, yet. I'm here to listen Mr. Stark. You don't happen to know where he is?" Harley explained. "Gone. Don't know where but I know he's gone. You see, he was my ride home."

---

Lenna stepped on the front porch. She stood infront of the door hesitating to knock on it. When she finally did she heard a quiet voice inside telling to wait a minute. Lenna swallowed a lump building in her throat.

When the door opened the woman gasped in shock. "Hey, Mary." Lenna greeted weakly. Mary hugged her tightly with tears building in her eyes. "Come inside, dear."

"I'm sorry Mary for barging in like that but I didn't have anywhere else to go. My sister is on a vacation and they took back the apartment that I had." Lenna mumbled shyly while Mary made her coffee. "Oh, sweety, you can always come here. But what happened?" Mary asked while placing two mugs on the table infront of Lenna. "Well I don't know if you know who Tony Stark is but I had a fight with him and I can't go to the tower now." Lenna explained. "Yeah I know who he is. He seems so arrogant that I didn't think you could even talk with him without punching him in the face." Mary smiled. Lenna chuckled: "Yeah, arrogant."

"I'll find you some more comfortable clothes. Umm... I hope Roger's clothes fit you." Mary mumbled while eyeing the rather tall Lenna.

---

"Lenna, dear. Your phone is ringing non stop." Mary called out from the kitchen. "Who is it?" Lenna asked while hopping there. "Tony Stark mostly." Mary said while observing the phone through her reading glasses. "I don't feel like talking with him." Lenna mumbled. "Wait mostly?" Lenna asked. "Steve Rogers is calling right now." Mary said and handed the phone to Lenna.

Uh, hello? Lenna?

"I'm listening. Talk."

Where are you? We are looking for you.

"In DC. Tell Tony to stop calling me. I'm fine. Not that he cares."

Wait... How did you get to DC?

"Planes, old man. Ever heard?"

Right... Look Tony came here and brought some accords here. They want to regulate the activity of the Avengers.

"I guess it's good then that I'm not one."

I- umm... But I'm afraid that they'll come for you too, since you were in Sokovia.

"If you don't remember then Leonid Hayward was in Sokovia. Until you don't tell him who that guy really was I'm safe."

Tony already did.

"I'm gonna kill that asshole."

Calm down. I don't know what will really happen since you actually aren't an Avenger nor any of the other things they'll regulate.

"From what you just told me I guess I'll be bothered with that anyways. I'm sorry Steve but I'll run away again. But you don't know that, right?"

Right. Be safe, Lenna.

"Worry about yourself, Steve."

"Mary? I'm afraid that I can't stay for long." Lenna called out for her. "Why?" Mary asked worriedly. "Because that Tony Stark guy is worse than I thought."