1

"Love does that, it changes us."

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.
Pilot.  
。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚

"Yo yo yo." I smiled at Elena as she led me inside to her kitchen. "Hey, you ready for the big day?" She asked me and I gave her an overly enthusiastic nod.

We walked into the kitchen to see Jenna holding onto a jar of Nutella. "Toast? I can make toast." She offered but Elena just shook her head, walking over to the coffee pot. "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." She smiled at her aunt.

I hopped onto a stool and then span around on it a few times before stopping. "What?" I raised an eyebrow at Elena's little brother Jeremy who was staring at me. "Nothing." He mumbled and walked over to Elena.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked, taking the mug of coffee that Elena had filled for herself. She sighed and threw her hands in the air. "Go ahead Jeremy, wasn't in need of some caffeine anyway."

I giggled and turned to Jenna. "Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jenna questioned the three of us, holding three sets of ten dollar bills. Me and Elena shook our heads but Jeremy was quick to take the lot. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour and raised an eyebrow as Jenna rummaged through her bag, finally pulling out a pencil.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jenna murmured to herself. I glanced up at the clock that was above one of the cabinets. "Don't you have a big presentation today?" I asked Jenna who nodded at me. "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at..." she paused to slide up her sleeve and look at the watch on her wrist. "Now. Crap!" She cursed and started to grab all her belongings.

"Then go, we'll be fine." Elena smiled encouragingly at Jenna who nodded and rushed off. I sighed and glanced at Jeremy who was staring at me like before. I brushed it off and turned to Elena who was also looking at Jeremy. "You okay?" She asked him.

He was quick to scoff and roll his eyes. "Don't start," he muttered and grabbed his mug of coffee, walking out of the kitchen.

"Give him some time. Not all people move on that fast." I told Elena who nodded in agreement. A car horn blew outside and me and Elena quickly grabbed our stuff, knowing it was Bonnie, our best friend.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I slid into the passenger seat with Elena in the back. "Hey! You seem happy." Bonnie said slowly as she looked in between me and Elena. "I'm always happy." I rolled my eyes, making Bonnie and Elena scoff.

Bonnie started to drive off to school as she conversed with me and Elena, talking about how her grandma Sheila told her that she was psychic. "So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already!" Bonnie rolled her eyes.

I laughed at her outburst and let her continue. "But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands." Bonnie stopped what she was saying and looked in her mirror at Elena in the back. "Elena! Back in the car!" She whined, making Elena snap out of her daze that she was in.

I turned around in my seat and looked over at Elena who was rubbing her eyes. "I did it again, didn't I? I-I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling me that..." Elena trailed off, looking at me for help. "That Bonnie's psychic now." I grinned, making Elena nod slowly. "Right," she said slowly and then turned to Bonnie even though she couldn't see her since she was driving.