2

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═
"I look at you and I see myself. A less dashing, less intelligent version."

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.
The night of the comet.
。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚

"Wait. I'm confused." I paused Bonnie's speech of witchy woo and glanced at Caroline who also had a confused look on her face. "Are you psychic or clairvoyant?" Caroline asked.

Bonnie sighed and shrugged. "Technically, Grams says I'm a witch. My ancestors were these really cool Salem witch chicks or something. Grams tried to explain it all, but she was looped on the liquor so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family, yes. Witches? I don't think so."

"Yeah, well, feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night." Caroline sighed as we continued walking down the hallway. "I didn't see him, you did." Bonnie rolled her eyes. "What am I missing? What guy?" I asked, making Caroline turn to me with these dreamy eyes.

"He was..." she trailed off, trying to find the right words. "A gift from the gods. Hotter than hot. I just wish I knew who he was." Caroline sighed. "Why didn't you just talk to him?" I asked her. "I don't know! I was drunk." She mumbled the last part making me and Bonnie laugh.

"Hey guys? I'm going to go and see if Matt's okay." I smiled at Caroline and Bonnie, glancing at Matt who was at his locker. "Okay, we'll see you in class." Bonnie nodded to me. "Yeah," I sighed out and started to walk over to Matt.

I had gone home not long after elbowing Tyler at the party and hadn't been there when Jeremy and Elena found Vicki half dead. "Hey, Matt." I smiled at him as he closed his locker. "Hey Lani." He smiled back and gave me a small hug. "How are you doing?" I asked him, referring to Vicki.

"They're keeping her overnight to make sure there's no infection, but she should be able to come home tomorrow." He sighed as we started walking. "That's good news." I tried to be optimistic. "Yeah." He muttered. "Did you get in touch with your mom?" I know how hard Matt had to work.

His mom was an alcoholic and was almost never around, Vicki was a druggie and his dad had abandoned them when they were little. I had a lot of empathy for him, especially now since his sister had ended up in hospital with a bite to the neck. Authorities claimed it was a mountain lion: an animal attack of some sort.

"Called and left a message. She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home."

"Vicki's lucky that she's okay." I breathed out. "I know, and now there's talk of some missing campers." I nodded my head. "Yeah I saw that on the news too. Our lives are so messed up."

Matt let out a small laugh and nodded. "Did she say what kind of animal it was that attacked her?" I asked him. "She said it was a vampire." Matt replied, making me raise an eyebrow.

"What?" I laughed, furrowing my eyebrows. "Yeah, she wakes up last night and mutters 'vampire' and then passes out."

"Okay. That's weird." We both laughed as we saw Elena approach us. "I think she was drunk." Matt shrugged before Elena was walking with us. "Hey guys." Elena smiled at us.

I smiled back and so did Matt, surprisingly. "What's up with you and the new guy?" He questioned Elena. I gulped down and glanced at Elena, giving her an encouraging smile. "I'll see you guys later. I'm going to be late for class." I said and quickly walked away, I was not staying for that conversation.