8

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═
"It's cool not growing old, I like being the eternal stud."

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.
162 candles.
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

My fingers tapped on the hard Oakwood as my breath hitched in my throat. I glanced up at the blue eyes staring back at me and instantly looked down at my lap. "Are you going to answer my question Miss Kearns?"

My eyes shifted to the clock as I nodded my head slowly. "No, I don't have any information about Vicki and her whereabouts that can help you."

"That's not the question I asked you." The officer said sceptically. My head shot up as I had a stare down with the officer before breaking. "It's not?" I stammered. He squinted his eyes at me and stayed silent for a few minutes before clearing his throat and closing a file.

"So you believe Vicki Donovan really has left town?" Once again I nodded before he leant back in the chair, staring me down once again.

The stare was broken once Sheriff Forbes had walked into the small office. "Thank you Kalani, you can go now." She gave me a warm smile as I stood up, my hands shaking as I grabbed my bag from the chair beside me.

I gave a weak smile back and walked out of the office.

Once I was out of the police station, Elena was quick to run over to me, wrapping her arms around me and giving me a squeeze that partially made my blood circulation slow down.

"I screwed up." I sighed, running a hand through my hair when Elena let go. "No, you were just nervous. I didn't think Sheriff Forbes was going to call you in too." Elena assured me. "That doesn't matter, I fucked up and now they're probably suspicious of me and want to conduct a search warrant to go through my entire house to see if I have some murder weapon with Vicki's blood on it."

Elena stared at me like I was crazy and to be honest, I couldn't blame her. I'd probably think I was crazy too if I wasn't me. "How about you come home with me, Jenna and Jeremy? He's missed you." Elena smiled.

I sighed and gave a small nod, glancing in the distance to see Stefan staring at me and Elena. I shrugged it off as Elena and me walked to Jenna's car, subtly talking about what occurred last night.

»»——⍟——««

Me and Elena sat on the couch completely miserable. Since I had a high level of guilt, I started to think back to how I had hit Damon and started to feel bad. I made a mental note to go to the boarding house and apologise but thought it'd be best to stay with Elena for now since I could tell something was up with her.

Jenna suddenly hopped in between us, slouching down like me and Elena had done before sighing loudly. "You're wallowing." She stated, pointing to me and Elena. "So are you." Elena said back, her voice bland and blunt.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." Jenna mumbled making me raise an eyebrow. "Dumped? By who?" My question went ignored as Elena turned to Jenna. "Yeah, well Logan's a jerk."

"Logan as in Logan Fell?" I shook my head in confusion. "Since when?" I turned to Jenna who just gave an effortless shrug. "You didn't get a brush off email saying 'I'm leaving town. See ya.'" Jenna mimicked in Logan's voice making me let out a giggle.