7

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═
"Our life is one big, proverbial coin toss."

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.
Undead.
。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚

I walked towards the high school parking lot, clutching my books. It was late at night and I had just been doing study group at the school library since my grades had been lacking.

Especially in history. Ever since Tanner had died, many teacher assistants took over and I kid you not they all seemed to hate me. I went on with my work anyway and all they would ever do is yell at me, especially this one teacher called Mrs Hamlin, she was one of the worst.

"Whoa! Vicki! What is wrong with you?" I heard a scream and immediately dropped my books, running to the scene. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw Stefan holding a figure by the neck.

I ran over looking in between Stefan and the figure who I identified as Vicki Donovan. Her teeth bared at me and I gasped, stepping backwards only to stumble into the other Salvatore brother who was holding Tyler in a chokehold.

"Hey sunshine," Damon smirked as I bumped into him. I glared at him before turning to Stefan. "What the hell is going on? Why is she so...why is she like you?" I asked accusingly. "A vampire? Damon turned her." Stefan sighed.

I turned on my heel, huffing. "You did what?" I hissed causing Damon to roll his eyes. "Hey, she's the one who fed on my delicious blood not me." Damon gave him his creepy smile that I did not buy at all.

"What's going on here, Stefan? What's wrong with her?" Tyler chimed in, struggling to talk since Damon's arm was around his neck. "Damon let go of him." I sighed and to my surprise, Damon did just that. Tyler stumbled forward towards his car and leant on it, breathing heavily.

"You don't get to talk." Damon pointed to Tyler who gave a cold stare to Damon. "Screw you dude." Tyler spat. I glanced at Damon, nerves taking over my whole body as I awaited his next move. "'Dude?' Really? 'Dude?'" Damon scoffed, meeting my eyes.

I shook my head at him discreetly yet he still walked over to Tyler, lifting him up by the neck just as Stefan had done to Vicki who was now held against the car.

"Damon don't!" I pleaded, grabbing onto his arm. "Oh come on. Who's gonna miss this idiot?" Damon asked rhetorically. "Damon-" I started but Vicki cut me off my grunting, trying to get to Tyler. "Don't you hurt him!" She exclaimed, fighting Stefan's grip to no avail.

Damon ignored Vicki and turned to Tyler. "Forget what you saw here tonight. None of us were here." I furrowed my eyebrows, Tyler was going to remember we were here anyway so why was Damon telling him not to.

"He's going to remember. You can't just tell him to forget and he'll forget." I shook my head at Damon who raised an eyebrow. "Yes I can sunshine. It's called compulsion." And before I had time to answer, Damon threw Tyler onto the gravel beside him, grabbing me in the process and disappearing.

When I finally regained my vision from the fast blur, I was in the boarding house. I scanned the room and saw Damon reading some kind of old book with a glass of what looked like whisky of some sort.

"Where's Stefan?" I asked cautiously, I still wasn't used to the fact that he was a vampire and could kill me in seconds. "Teaching Vicki how to munch on squirrels." Damon mimicked a squirrel making me laugh and roll my eyes at him.