6

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═
"I've been in love. It's painful, pointless and overrated."

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.
Lost girls.
。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚

"What are you?" Elena said in a firm tone. Stefan's eyes laid on mine as I thickly swallowed. "What are you?" Elena repeated, this time more harsher than before.

Stefan shook his head, looking at Elena. "You know." He said, his tone calm. "No, I don't." Elena shook her head. "Yes, you do, or otherwise you wouldn't be here." Stefan sighed. "It's not possible. It can't be." I muttered, shaking my head.

"Everything you know and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Stefan asked the both of us. I shook my head whilst Elena's eyes narrowed. "What are you?" Her voice rose.

"I'm a vampire."

We fell into a silence, my jaw dropping like Elena's. "We shouldn't have come." She told me and grabbed my wrist, running towards my car. "No. Please." Stefan appeared right in front of us making me scream.

"No, no. How did you do that?" Elena gasped, taking steps backwards. "Please don't be afraid of me." Stefan pleaded, taking Elena's hand in his. "No! Let me go!" She screamed, yanking her arm back with no success. "Elena, there's things that you have to know and understand." Stefan begged.

"Let me go!" Elena pushed Stefan so that his grip on her arm loosened. "Elena, please."

Elena grabbed my arm and ran around Stefan, quickly sliding into the passenger seat whilst i in the driver's.

"Drive."

»»——⍟——««

"Are you sure you're going to be okay here by yourself?" I asked as she started to unbuckle her seatbelt. "Jeremy's home. Jenna's going to be any minute now so yeah, he can't hurt me." Elena sighed, giving me a soft smile before embracing me in a side hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She sighed. I nodded, biting my lip as she started to walk to her front door. I started my engine once again and waited until she was inside her house before driving off.

As I started to drive off home, I had to force myself to focus on the road. Finding out someone was a supernatural creature that only existed in fairytales was a lot to take in, especially since everything started to make sense.

Bodies drained of blood. Vicki.

Bite marks. Caroline.

That night at the bonfire, I was sure Stefan got cut yet he had no scar or gash. It was completely clean. I shook my head, holding back the tears that were starting to break free. I couldn't handle this, not right now.

»»——⍟——««

It had taken a lot of convincing for me to actually show up to the Mystic Grill to talk to Stefan the morning after he told me and Elena that he was a vampire. I already saw Elena, she was walking towards Stefan as slow as possible, probably to buy herself some time so she could think of what to say.

I jogged up to her, giving her a small smile as we both made our way towards the table Stefan was sitting at. "You said you would explain everything. That's why I asked you to meet us here." Elena got straight to the point.