Prologue

I don't own JJBA at all nor the art.

______________________________

Santana sat in the dark, carving images of his mother and the others on the wall.

Over the years many have come to the cave, either to carve images of their gods or  to try and fail to steal his mother's body. Santana loved his mother, she more than any of the pillars believed in him. Through her training, he had unlocked his hidden potential. The day she was sealed was engraved in his mind and replayed in his dreams, haunting him.

Stopping his movements, he turned towards the tree that grew above his mother' cold encasement. Setting his tools aside, he made his way towards the tree. Placing his hand on the stone tree, he leaned his head against it.

Looking into his mothers dreams, he saw she was floating in a body water. Suddenly Mamiki, his mothers best friend and the one who helped Kars seal her, playfully pushed her under the water. His mother surfaced, a large smile on her face as she chased after Mamiki. Kalina, her jaguar guardian, also playing in the waves.

Removing himself from her dreams, he opened his eyes looking at the tree. "Mother, I know you can't hear me but please know when I say this. I miss you so much. What Lord Kars did was for your own well being. If it weren't for that then I would have fought him again to the last of my breath." He stood there for a moment, lost in his reverie. Removing his hand, he turned away but he felt something kiss his forehead. Looking back at the tree, a small smile formed on his lips. Walking back, he sat himself down continuing to carve into the stone.

It went on like this for awhile until he felt footsteps coming into the cave. Quickly and silently dropping his tools, he hid behind the shadow of the tree. Listening to what the intruders wanted. "The natives say that the man who lives here can give you immortality." a man said in a Spanish accent.

"Yes but they also say this man is dangerous." the other said in the same accent. "Isn't that why we brought the woman here, so she could reason with him if he gets dangerous." the other sniped at his companion. Santana peered around the tree, glaring at the two men. Stepping out of the shadows, his growl echoed through the cave.

The woman bowed as the two men turned, frightened. Before they could get a word out, two stalagmites on the ceiling came down piercing them through there brains. Staying silent in his small victory, Santana grabbed a jar and began to collect the mens blood.

The woman, getting up from her bowed position. Picked up the sharp tool and pierced the palm of her hand, letting a couple of drops sink to the floor. As they touched the ground, the curving water like vine soaked them up as if it was starving creature.

"Mortal, I've told you not to do that." Santana warned as he looked to the woman, absorbing the mens remains.

"I know but I'd feel guilty if I didn't offer something to Lady Aritha." she explained. The red head sighed. Finishing his meal, he grabbed a bandage and started to wrap the wound she made. As soon as the wound was wrapped, he took back his tool and absorbed the remaining blood on the chisel. Walking back to the wall he began to carve again. The woman taking a seat beside him, watching as he worked.

After a brief bout of silence, the woman looked to the carvings around the cave. Almost all of them contained the shadow goddess with the few exceptions of the others. "Tell me more about her, Lady Aritha." she pleaded. Santana glanced at the woman but quickly turned back to his work.

"Mother was kind, though cold to you mortals. Despising your race for years all because two men had taken the life of her caretaker. A jaguar named Kalina." he explained. The woman looked to a certain carving. Getting up, she walked towards the depiction. The carving was of Aritha and a jaguar, where the jaguar looked as if it was jumping out of her skin. Running her hand against the carving, she asked"Is this Kalina?"